Remote CAD /
Solutions – Enterprise Architecture /
Permanent - Full Time Employee
For over 20 years, Gorilla has been devising, creating, and implementing commerce experiences. We’re a client-driven culture, looking for resourceful, motivated, and talented individuals to help us exceed our client’s expectations at every turn. We offer a challenging and rewarding environment where you’ll have the opportunity to work with leading brands, collaborate with some of the brightest people in the industry, and share in our mutual success.
Gorilla is seeking a full-time Magento Architect to join our team. This person will assist in leading our Magento practice, acting as a lead on projects as well as developing the members of our team.
What you'll be doing
- Working with the Gorilla team on new projects, from initial interaction with clients during the requirements discovery phase through implementation and deployment of the completed project.
- Leading the technical direction during design and development processes by driving decisions and coordinating efforts with fellow Gorillas.
- Providing insight and effectively communicating with internal and external stakeholders to demonstrate how the Magento solution will be leveraged to meet client business demands on new projects.
- Engineering leading-edge systems for clients in a variety of industries, with solutions targeting a variety of customer models including B2B and B2C engagements
- Provide technical oversight to the development team in order for them to complete development tasks successfully.
- Perform code reviews according to Gorilla process standards and technical requirements.
- Act as a subject matter expert as it pertains to website architecture and work with cross-functional teams within Gorilla to help resolve recurring site issues
You should bring to the table
- Working experience with the eCommerce development process and the ability to create solutions for common questions/concerns on this type of platform
- Ability to come up with accurate development estimates based on high-level business and/or technical requirements
- Ability to lead and mentor teams of engineers working on eCommerce solutions
- A keen interest in emerging technologies and how they might impact future design decisions and strategic directions
- 7+ years of experience in PHP building object-oriented websites
- 2+ years of experience with Magento, ideally holding a leadership role on at least 2 full scale Magento project
- Familiarity with the Model-View-Controller (MVC) architectural pattern, and previous experience developing web applications using this pattern or on existing MVC framework
- Solid experience interacting with MySQL database systems through abstraction layer (in addition to the ability to write raw SQL queries)
- Excellent experience using PHP to create and consume web services (SOAP, XML-RPC) and/or other experience implementing data integrations within the platform
- Strong knowledge of Linux
- Excellent level of verbal and written communication skills
Gorilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting and retaining the most qualified employees regardless of race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, age or disability.