Partner Support Specialist
San Francisco or Remote /
Customer Success /
Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce is exploding, and with it, parcel shipping is becoming a meaningful factor in a business' ability to succeed. Creating a compelling shipping experience for customers is hard but necessary.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise.
Shippo lowers the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world. As free and fast shipping becomes the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns.
Internally, we think of Shippo as the building blocks of shipping. Shippos are a diverse set of individuals. We look for cultural and skill fit in every new person. Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo’s investors include D1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, and others.
The Partners Support Specialist role will support our most valued Partners. You love working with customers from the sales cycle all the way through to go-live, post implementation review, and support.
You have been known as the trusted customer advisor. You love understanding what the customer’s current business processes are, their issues and their challenges. You help map and improve customer business processes to best take advantage of Shippo. You love taking on tough complex projects and managing from inception to successful rollout. You love taking care of customers, showing them new ways, helping them to understand the software and benefits. No customer is too small.
You don’t get too stressed out when you have to juggle too many balls at the same time. You’re not afraid of technology or to learn new things or new ways of doing business. You are proactive in anticipating and resolving problems. You don’t mind helping others wherever needed whether it’s in sales, marketing or product management. You take ownership, initiative and pride in your work. You are the voice of the customer to the company.
You’d be a great fit for this opportunity if you
- Are energized by high-pressure situations, a fast-paced workplace, and a very busy inbox
- Are familiar with supporting online applications, Internet technologies, and is adept at communicating technical concepts (ie. Specifically, you have experience in APIs - can talk about them and can figure out issues)
- Are able to influence customers’ adoption of paid product features as appropriate for their business
- Are resourceful, detail-oriented and truly passionate about making sure the customer gets what they need
- Ready to dive headfirst into customer issues, and loves getting to the bottom of things
- Interface with clients and partners to define and execute integrations
- Able to influence customers’ adoption of paid product features as appropriate for their business
- Resourceful, detail-oriented and truly passionate about making sure the customer gets what they need
- Empathetic, with a cheerful disposition
- Aggregate customer insights for reporting back to clients
- Contribute to product roadmap by feeding back the customer's voice, empathetic listening to them and translating their needs internally
- Able to welcome and embrace change as we continue to learn and grow!
- A minimum of 2 years experience working in a direct customer-facing role
- Impeccable project management skills with the ability to work across teams to solve Partner’s problems
- Deep understanding of technology and software integration
- Ability to present in front of an audience and lead customer trainings
- Bonus points for having experience developing with RESTful APIs or even building your own web server.
- Comfortable doing client-side debugging using browser or proxy based debug tools such as Sumo Logic and Postman.
- You have used ticketing systems such as Zendesk and Jira to respond to customer inquiries and to file bug reports.
- Experience previously working in a startup environment - doing implementations for a company like Shippo is very different from working for a larger, more regimented company - you have the opportunity to create this space!
- Ability to surface customers’ business needs and communicate Shippo’s ability to meet those needs
- Used tools like Google Apps, Slack, Zendesk or other similar CRMs