Senior Product Manager - Growth
Austin, TX /
Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce is exploding, and with it, parcel shipping is becoming a meaningful factor in a business' ability to succeed. Creating a compelling shipping experience for customers is hard but necessary.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise.
Shippo lowers the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world. As free and fast shipping becomes the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns.
Internally, we think of Shippo as the building blocks of shipping. Shippos are a diverse set of individuals. We look for cultural and skill fit in every new person. Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo’s investors include D1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, and others.
About the Role
As the Senior Product Manager for Growth you will first create our growth strategy and then iterate on it as we acquire, activate, grow, and retain customers. We are looking for a strategic problem-solver whose analytical skills and user-focused approach will make all the difference in increasing the value of Shippo’s business through customer engagement and monetization. This role is highly collaborative in nature and the successful candidate will work closely with key partners and stakeholders to connect the dots between customer needs and company success.
- Own and drive product-led growth initiatives by translating business goals into a shared product vision and strategy.
- Partner with sales & marketing, design, engineering, analytics, and others to ruthlessly prioritize and execute against a product roadmap that increases customer satisfaction and grows our business.
- Define key qualitative and quantitative metrics and use them to identify opportunities for innovation, increased efficiency and quantifiable impact.
- Conduct user research to understand customer behavior and develop strategies to reduce friction throughout the customer journey, especially onboarding and new feature adoption.
- Use continuous iteration and testing to know when you’ve achieved your goals.
- Build alignment across product teams, cross-functional partners, and leadership by clearly and accurately communicating data driven insights to guide decision making and measure success.
- Experience in technology companies with 5+ years as a Product Manager, ideally in a growth role.
- Analytically driven, with experience using data to drive experimentation and optimization.
- Curious and empathetic with a deep understanding of customer needs and motivations.
- Master of communication, written & verbal - comfortable with a diverse group of people, from engineers and analysts to designers and marketers.
- Collaborative approach to success, able to build trust across the organization.
- Execution focus - do what it takes to keep the team moving in the right direction.
- Flexible, can deal with change, and ambiguity doesn’t faze you.
- Experience with e-commerce, shipping, or SMB B2B applications is a plus.
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision, (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents), and pets coverage
- Flexible PTO + work hours
- Dog are welcomed in the office
- 3 VTO days for ShippoCares volunteering events
- $2,500 yearly learning stipend for your personal growth
- Free lunch / drinks / snacks
- Fun team events outside of work hours - happy hours, “escape room” adventures, hikes, and more!