Product Support Specialist
San Francisco or Remote /
Customer Success /
Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce and parcel shipping volumes are exploding but so are customer expectations about shipping speed and cost. Managing shipping and logistics operations to meet increasingly exacting demands is an extremely hard endeavor, especially for SMBs who can be left in the dust by larger and far more sophisticated competitors. But this does not have to be so.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses with access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise. We lower the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world, and move shipping from a pain point to a competitive advantage.
Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, from fast-growing brands to mom-and-pop shops are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard, and seamlessly run every aspect of their shipping operations, from checkout shipping options to returns.
Join us to build the foundations of something hard yet meaningful, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, and funded by top-tier investors likeD1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, we are a fast-growing and proudly distributed Unicorn with hubs in San Francisco and Austin. We are also featured in Wealthfront’s Career Launching List and Forbes’ Cloud 100 list of fast growing startups.
About the Role
We’re looking for a full-time Product Support Specialist to assist our customers with using Shippo -- both the online application and the API. You will help communicate the different features, functionality, and value of our products to prospective and current customers. You will work closely with our distributed Customer Success team on managing our email and chat queues, as well as our San Francisco-based, Product Management, and Engineering teams. We currently offer support via email and chat so you must be a flawless, speedy, and empathetic written communicator.
- Energized by high-pressure situations, a fast-paced workplace, and a very busy inbox
- Familiar with supporting online applications, Internet technologies, and is adept at communicating technical concepts
- Able to influence customers’ adoption of paid product features as appropriate for their business
- Resourceful, detail-oriented and truly passionate about making sure the customer gets what they need
- Ready to dive headfirst into customer issues, and loves getting to the bottom of things
- Empathetic, with a cheerful disposition
- Able to welcome and embrace change as we continue to learn and grow!
- Minimum of 2-years experience working in a direct customer-facing role, with at least one of those years being primarily via written communication
- Impeccable writing skills, with a focus on modifying your tone based on the context (customer’s happiness level, the urgency of the situation, etc.)
- Ability to work across teams to get customer issues resolved - experience working closely with software engineers on bugs or product managers on new features is a huge plus.
- Experience previously worked in a startup environment - doing customer support for a company like Shippo is very different from working for a larger, more regimented company
- Ability to surface customers’ business needs and communicate Shippo’s ability to meet those needs
- Used tools like Google Apps, Slack, Zendesk or other similar CRMs
- Schedule flexibility -- we do our best to have extended support hours so the ability to work earlier/later or on the weekends is a plus
- Language support - if you speak another language, that is a plus! We're looking for Spanish, French, German, and Italian!
Benefits and Perks
Medical, dental, and vision healthcare coverage for you and your dependents. Pets coverage is also available!
Flexible policy for PTO and work arrangement
3 VTO days for ShippoCares volunteering events
$2,500 annual learning stipend for your personal and professional growth
Charity donation match up to $100
Free daily catered lunch, drinks, and snacks
Fun team events outside of work hours - happy hours, “escape room” adventures, hikes, and more!