Head of Corporate Finance
San Francisco, Austin, or Remote /
Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce and parcel shipping volumes are exploding but so are customer expectations about shipping speed and cost. Managing shipping and logistics operations to meet increasingly exacting demands is an extremely hard endeavor, especially for SMBs who can be left in the dust by larger and far more sophisticated competitors. But this does not have to be so.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses with access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise. We lower the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world, and move shipping from a pain point to a competitive advantage.
Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, from fast-growing brands to mom-and-pop shops are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard, and seamlessly run every aspect of their shipping operations, from checkout shipping options to returns.
Join us to build the foundations of something hard yet meaningful, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, and funded by top-tier investors like D1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, we are a fast-growing and proudly distributed Unicorn with hubs in San Francisco and Austin. We are also featured in Wealthfront’s Career Launching List and Forbes’ Cloud 100 list of fast growing startups.
About the Role
Shippo has experienced tremendous growth on the back of the continued shift towards e-commerce. We are now looking to scale our Strategic Finance function with a Head of Corporate Finance who will take a key role in developing our operating forecast and managing cross-functional relationships to help grow our business within the budget guidelines.
Our ideal candidate has experience in mid to later-stage startups, particularly usage-based software companies, and a background in investment banking, equity research, or corporate finance. We are looking for someone who feels at home in fast-paced environments, is able to communicate complex concepts concisely, and has experience working in a global business.
- Support strategic decision-making with data-driven insights, analysis, and forecasts
- Track, benchmark, analyze, and develop strategic solutions to improve key metrics (LTV, CAC, channel efficiency, conversion, churn, expansion, engagement, NPS)
- Analyze and segment historical data to derive actionable insights for department heads
- Continuously improve predictive value of forecast based on analysis of actual results
- Support quarterly OKR planning and goal-setting process with department heads
- Work with all departments to ensure allocated resources support strategic goals
- Work with accounting to ensure financial operations support scale and financial reporting
- Work closely with data team to ensure data reliably supports strategic decision making
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, or related quantitative field
- 5+ years experience in finance and strategic finance (start-ups, consulting, banking, private equity, etc.)
- Excellent prioritization skills combined with an ability to keep the big picture front and center
- Ability to simplify complex issues, influence decision-makers, and drive consensus
- Strong working knowledge of SaaS business models, metrics, and frameworks
- Ability to deeply understand requirements and analyze data to solve complex problems
- High degree of autonomy and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced level proficiency with Excel, data visualization tools, and reporting tools
- Ability to identify and solve complex problems with little supervision
Benefits and Perks
- Healthcare coverage for medical, dental, and vision (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents)
- Take-as-much-as-you-need vacation policy + flexible work hours
- Fun team events outside of work hours
- Awesome people that care about Shippo's mission, product and team
- $2,500 annual budget for professional development
Benefits and Perks
Medical, dental, and vision healthcare coverage for you and your dependents. Pets coverage is also available!
Flexible policy for PTO and work arrangement
Two 1-week company shutdowns to rest and recharge (summer and winter)
3 VTO days for ShippoCares volunteering events
$2,500 annual learning stipend for your personal and professional growth
Charity donation match up to $100
Fun team events outside of work hours - happy hours, “escape room” adventures, hikes, and more!