Manager - Customer Success Manager
San Francisco, CA /
Customer Success /
Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce is exploding, and with it, parcel shipping is becoming a meaningful factor in a business' ability to succeed. Creating a compelling shipping experience for customers is hard but necessary.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise.
Shippo lowers the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world. As free and fast shipping becomes the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns.
Internally, we think of Shippo as the building blocks of shipping. Shippos are a diverse set of individuals. We look for cultural and skill fit in every new person. Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo’s investors include D1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, and others.
About the Role
We’re seeking a world-class Manager to manage our Customer Success Managers team in our Bay Area office. You will be responsible for mentoring a team that is building lasting relationships with our customers, optimizing shipping processes, and ensuring customers are receiving value and success on the Shippo Platform.
If you are the best at what you do and are ready to join one of Silicon Valley's hottest startups, we want to hear from you!
- Mentor CSMs and help them manage and grow some of our largest and most strategic accounts ensuring proactive check-ins are made.
- Manage the team that owns the overall relationship with large customers, working collaboratively to increase adoption, ensure retention, and improve satisfaction.
- Create a strategy and put forth context behind the strategy. You should be able to initiate strategic conversations, create the strategy, answer questions around the strategy, provide context for the strategy, and implement processes for the strategy's success. You should be able to identify changes that help drive the strategy.
- Analyze and monitor adoption and product utilization, alerting clients on any risks or general awareness based on these trending metrics.
- Help the team cultivate customer champions, reference customers, and case studies.
- Understand all CSM workflows and workflows that affect the team. You can make adjustments, create new workflows, and rollout changes to make the team effective.
- Interface and collaborate with our Support, Product, Sales, and Marketing teams to develop product solutions that expand and deepen these relationships by being the voice of the customer.
- Communicate major product updates and releases ensuring client enacts changes based on need and interest.
- Empathize with every aspect of the customer experience, putting customers' needs first.
- 5+ years of customer success / enterprise sales / account management experience.
- 1-3 years of experience managing a direct customer-facing team, with at least one of those years supporting a SAAS platform.
- Ability to analyze data, create insights, and present those findings to customers effectively.
- Self starter who is driven to conquer projects outside of your core responsibilities.
- Deep understanding of technology and software integration.
- Ability to work across teams to get customer issues resolved - experience working closely with software engineers on bugs or product managers on new features is a huge plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to present in front of an audience and lead customer trainings.
- Strong organization skills, driven, and process-orientedSelf-motivated drive to constantly improve the quality of the product.
- Experience in process documentation, training, and change management.
- Working knowledge of SQL or experience with API.
- And a sense of humor- always a plus!
- Medical, dental, vision, (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents), and pets coverage
- Flexible PTO + work hours
- Dog are welcomed in the office
- 3 VTO days for ShippoCares volunteering events
- $2,500 yearly learning stipend for your personal growth
- Free lunch / drinks / snacks
- Fun team events outside of work hours - happy hours, “escape room” adventures, hikes, and more!