San Francisco, Austin, or Remote /
Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce and parcel shipping volumes are exploding but so are customer expectations about shipping speed and cost. Managing shipping and logistics operations to meet increasingly exacting demands is an extremely hard endeavor, especially for SMBs who can be left in the dust by larger and far more sophisticated competitors. But this does not have to be so.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses with access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise. We lower the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world, and move shipping from a pain point to a competitive advantage.
Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, from fast-growing brands to mom-and-pop shops are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard, and seamlessly run every aspect of their shipping operations, from checkout shipping options to returns.
Join us to build the foundations of something hard yet meaningful, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, and funded by top-tier investors likeD1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, we are a fast-growing and proudly distributed Unicorn with hubs in San Francisco and Austin. We are also featured in Wealthfront’s Career Launching List and Forbes’ Cloud 100 list of fast growing startups.
About the Role
Shippo is continuing to scale and we are looking for someone to support recruitment efforts. You will partner with both the recruitment team and internal hiring managers to find the best candidates for Shippo to continue growing. You will have the opportunity to recruit for teams in product, engineering, marketing, and more! You will facilitate in coordination for candidate interviews, on sites, and other related activities.
- You'll be tasked with supporting our recruiters and hiring managers, building high-performance teams and partnering wherever needed
- You will source and hire across all teams and functions within Shippo
- You will create robust pipelines while tailoring candidate experiences
- You will be knowledgeable about our business and be on point for HR related questions (i.e. benefits, comp, etc)
- You will work to improve upon existing programs and develop innovative strategies around finding our future team
- You will develop relationships across multiple teams
- A minimum of 1 year of technical recruiting or technical sourcing experience is expected, but we will consider other candidate with less experience if they meet our other requirements
- In-house or agency recruiting experience
- University degree or equivalent work experience
- Good communication and empathy
Benefits and Perks
Medical, dental, and vision healthcare coverage for you and your dependents. Pets coverage is also available!
Flexible policy for PTO and work arrangement
2 weeks shut down during summer and winter
3 VTO days for ShippoCares volunteering events
$2,500 annual learning stipend for your personal and professional growth
Charity donation match up to $100
Fun team events outside of work hours - happy hours, “escape room” adventures, hikes, and more!