Manager of Finance
San Francisco, CA /
Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce is exploding, and with it, parcel shipping is becoming a meaningful factor in a business' ability to succeed. Creating a compelling shipping experience for customers is hard but necessary.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise.
Shippo lowers the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world. As free and fast shipping becomes the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns.
Internally, we think of Shippo as the building blocks of shipping. Shippos are a diverse set of individuals. We look for cultural and skill fit in every new person. Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo’s investors include D1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, and others.
About the Role
This role, reporting to the Director of Finance, will help establish numerous financial processes from scratch, work closely with business partners across the organization to develop and refine various models and presentations, and provide critical analyses for the company’s upcoming and rapidly expanding initiatives. Shippo’s finance team is critical to shaping the strategy of the company through forecasting and analyst of key departmental business drivers.
- Support strategic decision-making with data-driven insights, analysis, and forecasts.
- Track, benchmark, analyze, and develop strategic solutions to improve key metrics (LTV, CAC, channel efficiency, conversion, churn, expansion, engagement, NPS).
- Analyze and segment historical data to derive actionable insights for department heads.
- Continuously improve predictive value of forecast based on analysis of actual results.
- Support quarterly OKR planning and goal-setting process with department heads.
- Work with all departments to ensure allocated resources support strategic goals.
- Work with accounting to ensure financial operations support scale and financial reporting.
- Work with go-to-market leads to measure performance and determine investment areas.
- Work closely with data team to ensure data reliably supports strategic decision making.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business or related quantitative field.
- 5+ years experience in strategic finance or business operations role (start-ups, consulting, banking, private equity, etc.).
- Excellent prioritization skills combined with ability to keep the big picture front and centre.
- Ability to simplify complex issues, influence decision makers, and drive consensus.
- Strong working knowledge of SaaS business models, metrics, and frameworks.
- Ability to deeply understand requirements and analyze data to solve complex problems.
- High degree of autonomy and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Intermediate-level proficiency with Excel, data visualization tools, and reporting tools.
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision, (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents), and pets coverage
- Flexible PTO + work hours
- Dog are welcomed in the office
- 3 VTO days for ShippoCares volunteering events
- $2,500 yearly learning stipend for your personal growth
- Free lunch / drinks / snacks
- Fun team events outside of work hours - happy hours, “escape room” adventures, hikes, and more!