Director of Partner Management
San Francisco, CA /
Business Development /
Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce is exploding, and with it, parcel shipping is becoming a meaningful factor in a business' ability to succeed. Creating a compelling shipping experience for customers is hard but necessary.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise.
Shippo lowers the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world. As free and fast shipping becomes the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns.
Internally, we think of Shippo as the building blocks of shipping. Shippos are a diverse set of individuals. We look for cultural and skill fit in every new person. Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo’s investors include D1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, and others.
We’re growing and looking to add Director of Partner Management to the Business Development team. You will head up the partner management team and own partner relationships, including onboarding, optimizing partner execution, achieving shared goals and revenue objectives, and developing new initiatives with partners. Your experience in e-commerce platforms or fulfillment will set you up for success at Shippo and we would love to share the opportunity with you.
- Develop a comprehensive business strategy around the opportunities Shippo has with its partners, demonstrating excellent business judgment and planning.
- Set and track account activation and revenue targets.
- Identify and drive promotional opportunities.
- Engage with your portfolio to understand opportunities for operational improvement, relaying those opportunities to our product team to build better features and products.
- You will serve as expert consultant to our partners. You will work cross-functionally to drive your partners businesses and build effective relationships with partner stakeholders to empower partners to thrive and grow.
- You will provide excellent partner service, research, and market analysis. In this role, you will rely on excellent analytical, problem-solving and relationship building skills to resolve technical and financial challenges with partners and better represent our users, products, and programs. Analyze performance and present findings to clients, highlighting opportunities or introducing incremental programs. Contribute data-driven insights to support recommendations and ensure internal tracking pipelines are current.
- Deliver product execution, monitoring, optimizing, and troubleshooting. Leverage cross-functional support teams to ensure partners have access to the product experts and resources they need.
- Develop renewal and product strategies and negotiate term sheets. Negotiate business terms on renewals and new agreements.
- 7+ years of work experience in account management, sales, or business development in e-commerce platforms or fulfillment (strong preference) /software/SaaS industry.
- Experience hiring, managing, and retaining a highly functional partner management team.
- Experience working with partners through account management, product management, program management and business development engagements.
- You possess strong relationship-building skills and are apt to see mutually beneficial opportunities with partners in order to best represent our users, products, and programs.
- You are technically oriented and understand APIs.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision, (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents), and pets coverage
- Flexible PTO + work hours
- Dog are welcomed in the office
- 3 VTO days for ShippoCares volunteering events
- $2,500 yearly learning stipend for your personal growth
- Free lunch / drinks / snacks
- Fun team events outside of work hours - happy hours, “escape room” adventures, hikes, and more!