Senior Analyst Business Operations
San Francisco, CA /
Business Operations /
Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce is exploding, and with it, parcel shipping is becoming a meaningful factor in a business' ability to succeed. Creating a compelling shipping experience for customers is hard but necessary.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise.
Shippo lowers the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world. As free and fast shipping becomes the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns.
Internally, we think of Shippo as the building blocks of shipping. Shippos are a diverse set of individuals. We look for cultural and skill fit in every new person. Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo’s investors include D1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, and others.
About the Role
As a Senior Analyst for Business Operations, you will be responsible for monitoring metrics and managing performance on a day-to-day basis and making strategic recommendations based on data. You will primarily support the product team while working cross functionally with growth, design, product and engineering teams to drive initiatives and be the champion of analytics standard methodologies, validated techniques, and decision-making.
- Drive data reporting and analysis efforts in support of meeting and exceeding short term and long term growth targets
- Define key performance indicators for monitoring day-to-day customer health
- Develop insights and recommendations to drive the product roadmap
- Conduct analysis to optimize existing channels and businesses and identify new opportunities for growth
- Automate reports to monitor performance relevant to each functional team
- Degree in a quantitative discipline, such as Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Economics, Statistics
- 5+ years of experience in a data analysis function, preferably in support of product and marketing
- Expert level experience in writing complex and efficient SQL queries
- Expert level experience in analyzing data in Excel and other analytics tools
- Experience with online reporting portals and tools, such as Google Analytics, Looker and Tableau
- Extremely data-driven and detail-oriented
- Highly quantitative and analytical; experience applying the scientific method
- Strong communication skills, verbal, written, and visual
- Experience working in the ecommerce/logistics space and management/strategy consultancy is a plus
- Bonus if you have M&A experience
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision, (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents), and pets coverage
- Flexible PTO + work hours
- Dog are welcomed in the office
- 3 VTO days for ShippoCares volunteering events
- $2,500 yearly learning stipend for your personal growth
- Free lunch / drinks / snacks
- Fun team events outside of work hours - happy hours, “escape room” adventures, hikes, and more!