Recruiting Coordinator - Engineering
San Francisco, CA /
Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce is exploding, and with it, parcel shipping is becoming a meaningful factor in a business' ability to succeed. Creating a compelling shipping experience for customers is hard but necessary.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise.
Shippo lowers the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world. As free and fast shipping becomes the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns.
Internally, we think of Shippo as the building blocks of shipping. Shippos are a diverse set of individuals. We look for cultural and skill fit in every new person. Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo’s investors include D1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, and others.
About the Role
Shippo has seen some tremendous growth this year as an organization and have been adding more members to the team. WIth this growth, the recruitment team is looking to grow as well by adding a driven, high energy Recruiting Coordinator to assist with all aspects of the recruitment process specifically regarding Engineering recruitment. You’ll work closely with our engineering recruiting team and hiring managers to build candidate relationships and ensure a positive candidate experience. If you are a highly-organized creative problem solver, an excellent communicator, a champion for candidate experience, and eager and driven to learn and grow in your career, we’d love to hear from you!
- Successfully manage multiple candidates and calendars to seamlessly coordinate high-volume and fast-paced interview activity on the technical teams
- Support both internal and external stakeholders with proactive problem solving as it pertains to the interview process (i.e., handling technical difficulties, last minutes changes, etc.)
- Proactively identify gaps in processes to create a more seamless and efficient solution and experience in the hiring process.
- Facilitate all virtual onsite interviews using Zoom to ensure a positive candidate experience; troubleshoot any issues in real-time
- Ensure a quality recruiting experience for candidates and interviewers from start to finish
- Audit candidate trackers and support with reporting requests using basic Excel skills
- Helping recruiters with sourcing projects when time permits
- 2+ year of experience as a Recruiting Coordinator in a fast paced startup or large tech companies
- Strong attention to detail, as you will be dealing with confidential information
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly
- Comfortable learning new technologies (Lever, CodeSignal, Gem, Coderpad)
- Basic knowledge of Excel (pivot tables, vLookups, Data sorting, COUNTIFS)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and problem solving skills in addition to a strong sense of urgency
- Experience working in a fast-paced work environment with the ability to work independently, prioritize responsibilities, and manage time efficiently
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision, (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents), and pets coverage
- Flexible PTO + work hours
- Dog are welcomed in the office
- 3 VTO days for ShippoCares volunteering events
- $2,500 yearly learning stipend for your personal growth
- Free lunch / drinks / snacks
- Fun team events outside of work hours - happy hours, “escape room” adventures, hikes, and more!