Senior Analyst Revenue Operations
San Francisco, CA /
Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce is exploding, and with it, parcel shipping is becoming a meaningful factor in a business' ability to succeed. Creating a compelling shipping experience for customers is hard but necessary.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise.
Shippo lowers the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world. As free and fast shipping becomes the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns.
Internally, we think of Shippo as the building blocks of shipping. Shippos are a diverse set of individuals. We look for cultural and skill fit in every new person. Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo’s investors include D1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, and others.
About the Role
As go to market teams continue to scale, Revenue Operations (RevOps) are looking for an experienced analyst to join their team. This role will help build and maintain a scalable analytics infrastructure for the RevOps team. By combining business acumen and analytical ability, they will lead strategic analyses across go-to-market teams that drive revenue growth.
- Work closely with our BI team to build efficient and sustainable data models (tables, views, etc.) that enable RevOps to extract data and insights as we scale.
- Collaborate directly with stakeholders to deeply understand their data needs.
- Take high level business questions and use internal/external data to answer them.
- Use data to tell compelling stories that motivate action across go-to-market and leadership teams.
- Help go-to-market teams run experiments.
- Advise senior leaders and partners in defining measurable success criteria for key department initiatives/OKRs and build the tools to track performance.
- 3-5 years experience in a cross-functional, data analysis role
- SQL proficiency required; Python highly recommended
- Prior experience with BI/visualization tools recommended (we use Mode and Looker)
- Prior experience with SFDC and its data structure
- Enjoys working cross-functionally with any business unit, primarily supporting the go-to-market teams (Business Development, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success)
- High attention to detail and can produce prototypes/insights quickly
- Ability to pair understanding of high-level business/product problems with advanced analytical ability
- Ability to work autonomously and with minimal guidance
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Familiarity with applied statistics pertaining to hypothesis-driven experiments
- Hands-on data engineering/ETL experience is a bonus
- Medical, dental, vision, (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents), and pets coverage
- Flexible PTO + work hours
- Dog are welcomed in the office
- 3 VTO days for ShippoCares volunteering events
- $2,500 yearly learning stipend for your personal growth
- Free lunch / drinks / snacks
- Fun team events outside of work hours - happy hours, “escape room” adventures, hikes, and more!