Director of Strategy and Business Operations
San Francisco, CA /
Business Operations /
Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce is exploding, and with it, parcel shipping is becoming a meaningful factor in a business' ability to succeed. Creating a compelling shipping experience for customers is hard but necessary.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise.
Shippo lowers the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world. As free and fast shipping becomes the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns.
Internally, we think of Shippo as the building blocks of shipping. Shippos are a diverse set of individuals. We look for cultural and skill fit in every new person. Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo’s investors include D1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, and others.
About the Role
This has been a productive year for us and we are now looking for a Director of Strategy & Business Operations to help Shippo accelerate its growth. This hire will have a proven track record of executing a growth strategy in a fast-paced start-up environment preferably within a B2B or SMB SaaS company. They will develop, test, and execute strategies that drive revenue growth and improvements in the business. The ideal candidate will also have prior M&A experience. If this sounds like you then we'd like to get in touch!
- 6+ years of relevant experience, such as in consulting, corporate development, private equity, strategy, and/or business operations.
- Strategic and analytical thinking, with comfort building scenarios and forecasting models.
- The ability to distill themes from complexity, and to develop logical frameworks for prioritization. Excellent collaborative skills, with strong written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work well cross-functionally and in a fast-paced environment. Attention to detail.
- Prior M&A experience is required.
- Ecommerce, supply chain, or marketplace experience is a bonus.
- Conducting competitive and industry analyses, and translating that into a set of prioritized initiatives across Product, Business Development, Marketing, and Sales.
- Leading and/or supporting cross-functional teams to implement key initiatives, such as fraud reduction, pricing, and M&A.
- Identifying new business opportunities, such as channels for acquiring customers or geographic expansion, and evaluating the relative ROI of each.
- Analyzing internal and external data and trends and communicating the financial implications under various scenarios.
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision, (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents), and pets coverage
- Flexible PTO + work hours
- Dog are welcomed in the office
- 3 VTO days for ShippoCares volunteering events
- $2,500 yearly learning stipend for your personal growth
- Free lunch / drinks / snacks
- Fun team events outside of work hours - happy hours, “escape room” adventures, hikes, and more!