Senior Strategic Partner Manager
San Francisco, CA /
Business Development /
Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce is exploding, and with it, parcel shipping is becoming a meaningful factor in a business' ability to succeed. Creating a compelling shipping experience for customers is hard but necessary.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise.
Shippo lowers the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world. As free and fast shipping becomes the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns.
Internally, we think of Shippo as the building blocks of shipping. Shippos are a diverse set of individuals. We look for cultural and skill fit in every new person. Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo’s investors include D1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, and others.
About the Role
You will own and manage partner relationships, including onboarding the partners, optimizing partner execution, achieving shared goals and revenue objectives, and developing new initiatives with partner. Your experience in e-commerce platforms or fulfillment will set you up for success at Shippo and we would love to share the opportunity with you.
- Set and track account activation and revenue targets.
- Identify and drive promotional opportunities.
- Engage with your portfolio to understand constructive opportunities for improvement, relaying those opportunities to our BD and product teams.
- Serve as expert consultant to our partners, work cross-functionally to drive your partner's businesses, and build effective relationships with partner stakeholders to empower partners to thrive and grow.
- Provide excellent partner service, research, and market analysis. In this role, you will rely on excellent analytical, problem-solving, and relationship building skills to resolve technical and financial challenges with partners and better represent our users, products, and programs. You will work with internal teams to develop a comprehensive business strategy for each partner.
- Analyze performance and present findings to partners, highlighting opportunities for introducing incremental growth. Contribute data-driven insights to support recommendations and ensure internal tracking pipelines are current.
- Identify product based opportunities on behalf of partners. Leverage cross-functional support teams to ensure that your partners have access to the resources they need.
- Identify renewal and product strategies for partners. Understand business terms on renewals to drive retention with partners and their customer base.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of work experience in account management, sales, or business development in e-commerce platforms or fulfillment (strong preference) /software/SaaS industry.
- Project management skills and experience
- Extremely organized and responsive across partners.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in parallel.
- Experience working with partners through account management, product management, program management, and business development engagements.
- You possess strong relationship-building skills and are apt to see mutually beneficial opportunities with partners in order to best represent our users, products, and programs.
- You are technically oriented and understand APIs and integrations.
- Healthcare plans: medical, dental, vision (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents), and pets coverage
- Flexible PTO + work hours
- Dogs are welcomed in the office
- 3 VTO days for Shippo Cares volunteering events
- $2,500 yearly learning stipend for your personal growth
- Free lunch / drinks / snacks
- Fun team events outside of work hours - happy hours, “escape room” adventures, hikes, and more!