Director of Product - Platform Products
San Francisco, CA /
Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce is exploding, and with it, parcel shipping is becoming a meaningful factor in a business' ability to succeed. Creating a compelling shipping experience for customers is hard but necessary.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise.
Shippo lowers the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world. As free and fast shipping becomes the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns.
Internally, we think of Shippo as the building blocks of shipping. Shippos are a diverse set of individuals. We look for cultural and skill fit in every new person. Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo’s investors include D1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, and others.
About the Role
We are working on a generational opportunity to create the shipping and fulfillment layer for e-commerce, transforming this industry in a similar way to how Stripe has revolutionized Payments, and Twilio has communications. A critical part of that is Shippo building products that enables our shipping and fulfillment services and functionality to be consumed by all businesses who ship in our ecosystem, including hundreds to thousands of store platforms (e.g., Shopify, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, etc.) and warehouse operators, and millions of e-commerce merchants. This role will lead the product organization that makes this vision a reality.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial product leader who has a track record building platform products and businesses. You will have the opportunity to build a team from ground up in one of the most strategic growth areas for Shippo. This role will partner with executive leadership on business strategy and will lead product strategy for platform products.
- Define and execute the product strategy for our platform products
- Work with executive leadership, Business Development, Sales, Marketing, and CS teams on business strategy and Go-to-Market for our platform products
- Build and lead a high-performing product organization, including recruiting top talent, and instituting product process and best practices
- Create a culture of empowerment, inclusion, and alignment among your team and cross-functionally
- Collaborate with product leadership on building the product organization as a whole, defining department wide standards, processes, systems, and overall how we do do product
- 7+ years of experience working in product management, or comparable product development and business experience
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Technical background preferred
- Experience managing a P&L preferred
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven track record of developing cross-functional partnerships across Product and Go-to-Market teams
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision, (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents), and pets coverage
- Flexible PTO + work hours
- Dog are welcomed in the office
- 3 VTO days for ShippoCares volunteering events
- $2,500 yearly learning stipend for your personal growth
- Free lunch / drinks / snacks
- Fun team events outside of work hours - happy hours, “escape room” adventures, hikes, and more!