San Francisco, CA /
Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce is exploding, and with it, parcel shipping is becoming a meaningful factor in a business' ability to succeed. Creating a compelling shipping experience for customers is hard but necessary.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise.
Shippo lowers the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world. As free and fast shipping becomes the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns.
Internally, we think of Shippo as the building blocks of shipping. Shippos are a diverse set of individuals. We look for cultural and skill fit in every new person. Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo’s investors include D1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, and others.
About the Role
We are seeking an incredibly organized Executive Assistant to handle the schedules, business travel and arrangements for our VP of Engineering & VP of Product. Your partnership to them will be critical in anticipating their needs as well as other collaborative teams and creatively problem solving to ensure the successful management of their schedules. Success in this role means keeping us on task and more organized than we have ever been.
- Manages and maintains calendars for VP of Engineering and VP of Product.
- Schedule, plan, and coordinate events and meetings onsite and offsite for product and engineering team including research and preparation of meeting materials.
- Proactively prepare agendas and meeting materials, record meeting minutes, and coordinate all meeting logistics, including working with the Shippo special events team as needed.
- Ensure meeting attendees have appropriate information including directions and maps.
- Makes business travel arrangements and manages and communicates travel itineraries. May manage travel accounts including mileage cards.
- Work with team to arrange virtual and in person team off-sites including organizing of logistics, on site amenities and activities.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with staff, internal departments and outside parties, including high-level contacts of a sensitive nature. Manages information flow within and outside of division or business unit
- You have 2+ years of experience working with an executive at a technology startup company.
- You are organized and have developed a system to manage different priorities.
- Outstanding communication, organizational, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills; demonstrable initiative, creativity, and flexibility.
- People love to come talk to you. You feel completely comfortable interacting both with engineers and executives.
- A can-do "make it happen" attitude: you are comfortable making decisions with little supervision or direction.
- Sense of humor and ability to have fun, a must!
- Experience completing complex projects with little direction and an eye towards saving a buck.
- Bonus: prior experience partnering with marketing for PR initiatives is great!
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision, (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents), and pets coverage
- Flexible PTO + work hours
- Dog are welcomed in the office
- 3 VTO days for ShippoCares volunteering events
- $2,500 yearly learning stipend for your personal growth
- Free lunch / drinks / snacks
- Fun team events outside of work hours - happy hours, “escape room” adventures, hikes, and more!