Product Support Specialist (Contract)
Customer Success /
Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce is exploding, and with it, parcel shipping is becoming a meaningful factor in a business' ability to succeed. Creating a compelling shipping experience for customers is hard but necessary.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise.
Shippo lowers the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world. As free and fast shipping becomes the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns.
Internally, we think of Shippo as the building blocks of shipping. Shippos are a diverse set of individuals. We look for cultural and skill fit in every new person. Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo’s investors include D1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, and others.
We’re looking to fill a Product Support Specialist (contract-to-perm role) to assist our customers with using Shippo -- both the online application and the API. You will help our distributed Customer Success team with our customers in a specific workflow to help customers get online and shipping as quickly as possible. You will work closely with the team on managing our email and chat queues. We currently offer support via email and chat so you must be a flawless, speedy, and empathetic written communicator.
Responsibilities & Impact
- Energized by high-pressure situations, a fast-paced workplace, and a very busy inbox
- Familiar with supporting online applications, Internet technologies, and is adept at communicating technical concepts
- Able to influence customers’ adoption of paid product features as appropriate for their business
- Resourceful, detail-oriented and truly passionate about making sure the customer gets what they need
- Ready to dive headfirst into customer issues, and loves getting to the bottom of things
- Empathetic, with a cheerful disposition
- Able to welcome and embrace change as we continue to learn and grow!
- Minimum of 1 - 2 years of experience working in a direct customer-facing role, with at least one of those years being primarily via written communication
- Impeccable writing skills, with a focus on modifying your tone based on the context (customer’s happiness level, the urgency of the situation, etc.)
- Ability to work across teams to get customer issues resolved - experience working closely with software engineers on bugs or product managers on new features is a huge plus.
- Experience previously worked in a startup environment - doing customer support for a company like Shippo is very different from working for a larger, more regimented company
- Ability to surface customers’ business needs and communicate Shippo’s ability to meet those needs
- Used tools like Google Apps, Slack, Zendesk or other similar CRMs
- Schedule flexibility -- we do our best to have extended support hours so the ability to work earlier/later or on the weekends is a plus