San Francisco, CA /
Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce is exploding, and with it, parcel shipping is becoming a meaningful factor in a business' ability to succeed. Creating a compelling shipping experience for customers is hard but necessary.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise.
Shippo lowers the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world. As free and fast shipping becomes the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns.
Internally, we think of Shippo as the building blocks of shipping. Shippos are a diverse set of individuals. We look for cultural and skill fit in every new person. Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo’s investors include D1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, and others.
As our startup grows faster than before, we have a need for a dedicated IT professional to respond to rising technical needs from our team. This role is a new addition to our Shippo family and will report directly to the Senior Director of DevOps and Security. In addition to owning the traditional IT responsibilities, if you are someone who is enjoys building processes, have a vested interest in corporate security, and eager about providing the best service to team members, we’re want to speak with you.
- Provide the first line of support for Corp IT issues
- Respond to alerts/alarms and escalations according to standard operating procedures
- Escalate issues to higher-level support as necessary to meet required SLAs
- Setup new user accounts, email accounts/mailboxes and group membership
- Provision, configure, and track new user laptops & install device management software
- Repair, replace or upgrade hardware and software
- Provision, track, and support office productivity tools
- Establish and maintain single sign-on connectivity for all company paid software
- Grant access based on role. Revoke access for terminated employees
- Resolve office networking issues. Schedule Testing of ISP failover from Level3 to the backup line & vice versa. Develop and implement a testing plan.
- Help IT manager to develop and publish IT policies, procedures, and controls
- Hold new hire trainings for everything IT
- Testing and evaluating new corporate technologies.
- 2+ years experience in a customer-facing, corporate technology, and support role
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems (Windows and Mac)
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware, including desktops, laptops, networking equipment, wireless, and printers
- Experience with a help desk ticketing system
- Exposure or knowledge of privacy and security is a plus
- Working knowledge of remote support applications
- Solid understanding of office productivity tools such as O365, Atlassian suites
- Experience with Single-Sign-on, Slack, Google Suite
- Exceptional end-user service orientation
- Ability to prioritize and interact with a small, diverse team in a fast-paced environment
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail
- May be required to work occasionally on weekends
- Bachelor Degree required