Partner Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA /
Shipping, when deployed correctly, is a growth driver for e-commerce businesses. However, the benefits and competitive advantages of shipping have historically been reserved for only the savviest and most resource-rich businesses. Shippo is changing that dynamic, by providing business of all sizes and growth stages with everything they need to leverage shipping for growth.
By using Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. Businesses can get real-time shipping rates and ETAs, automate fulfillment workflows, print labels, create and process international documents, notify customers, track shipments, and facilitate returns.
Shippos are a diverse set of individuals. We look for cultural and skill fit in every new person. Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo’s investors include D1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, and others.
Shippo works closely with top partners, including shipping carriers, e-commerce platforms, marketplaces, 3PLs, XMSs, and more. We are seeking an experienced Marketer to oversee partner marketing efforts. This high-impact role will work closely with stakeholders across Business Development, Product, and Marketing to prioritize, plan, and execute co-marketing initiatives and partner-specific GTM strategies.
What You'll Do
- Partner Marketing: Partner with Shippo’s BD team to launch new strategic partnerships, educate sales orgs at partner companies, and increase Shippo’s penetration within partner ecosystems.
- Messaging: Define, communicate, and evangelize value propositions that differentiate Shippo’s offerings with partners and within partner ecosystems. For example, you may be tasked with crafting specific messaging for different partner channels knowing that Shopify Plus merchants may have different needs and motivations compared to eBay sellers.
- Cross-functional coordination: Partner launches and campaigns require close coordination with BD, Product Development, and often other internal partners. You’ll need to coordinate timelines, deliverables, and ensure alignment across multiple stakeholders.
- Enablement and training: As we launch new partner products and workflows, in collaboration with Shippo’s Partner Management team, you’ll craft documentation and conduct trainings with GTM folks both at Shippo and within the partner’s organization.
- Research: Conduct qualitative and quantitative research to identify ways to make partner offerings, launches, and co-marketing efforts more impactful. For example, what makes an app successful in the Shopify app store?
- Reporting: Measure results across efforts and constantly find creative ways to maintain momentum and engagement with partners even after launch. This will include crafting a POV on what makes partner launches successful (when do we launch, where do we promote, how do we leverage different channels and communications) and collaborating with cross functional teams to set goals for partner channels.
- You tell us what you should do and what you want to do. We don’t want to restrict you to a bullet point list of activities. The ideal candidate will work with leadership to identify new high-leverage activities and opportunities for growth. Our job is to set you up for success and let you take ownership as a marketer.
What You'll Need
- 3+ years of experience in partner marketing and/or other relevant fields (such as product marketing or partner management) ; ideally at brands within e-commerce, logistics, or shipping at well-recognized brands. Experience working within a self-service and/or hybrid (self-service and direct sales) business model is a plus.
- Product and market expertise: To succeed in this role, you’ll need to live and breath e-commerce and shipping. Prior experience in a related field is a bonus, but you’ll also need to demonstrate the ability to learn and grow. We’ll ask you for examples of how you’ve mastered the intricacies of other businesses in your previous experience.
- Content, messaging, and storytelling chops: You won’t be writing blog posts all day, but you will need to prove that you can tell an engaging and impactful story across several mediums. For example, you might be tasked with drafting a blog post about a partner launch or crafting messaging for a partner app store listing.
- Superior internal and external communication skills: You have the ability to prioritize and efficiently communicate marketing goals and results to diverse audiences including your direct team, executive leadership, and the company as a whole. You will also need to represent Shippo in external settings, such as partner meetings and joint webinars.
- A demonstrated history of being a team player, and desire to jump in and get your hands dirty as needed.
- Medical, dental, vision (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents).
- Flexible vacation policy + flexible work hours.
- Fun team events outside of work hours.
- Awesome team that cares about Shippo's mission, product, and co-workers!