Senior Product Manager- Order Management
San Francisco, Austin, or Remote /
Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce is exploding, and with it, parcel shipping is becoming a meaningful factor in a business' ability to succeed. Creating a compelling shipping experience for customers is hard but necessary.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise.
Shippo lowers the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world. As free and fast shipping becomes the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns.
Internally, we think of Shippo as the building blocks of shipping. Shippos are a diverse set of individuals. We look for cultural and skill fit in every new person. Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo’s investors include D1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, and others.
As the Sr. Product Manager, Order Management, you will own and execute against a product strategy that delivers on this promise. You will focus on the core jobs our merchants need done to prepare orders for shipment, from intelligent order routing to efficient fulfillment strategies and workflows that are flexible enough to meet changing needs. You will support our core merchant segments accessing us on the web, and power the feature rich shipping experience delivered via API to our platform partners.
We are looking for a strategic problem-solver whose analytical skills and user-focused approach will make all the difference in delivering intuitive, powerful products and features. This role is highly collaborative in nature and the successful candidate will work closely with key partners and stakeholders across the company to connect the dots between customer needs and company success.
If you love moving fast, driving impact, and solving tough problems, we’d like to meet you!
- Develop and own the Order Management roadmap. Translate business goals and customer needs into a shared product vision and strategy.
- Lead product discovery, partnering with a cross-functional team of designers, engineers and key stakeholders to understand customer needs and discover product opportunities.
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements, user stories, and prototypes, and then partner with design & engineering to iterate until you’ve gotten it right.
- Define key qualitative and quantitative metrics and use them to identify and prioritize opportunities and measure success.
- Own and be accountable to the end-to-end success of your product or product area from strategy through execution.
- Build alignment across stakeholder groups by clearly and accurately communicating throughout the product development process.
- 5+ years as a Product Manager, including 2+ years managing SaaS products
- Ability to think strategically, prioritize ruthlessly and execute methodically.
- Comfortable generating and using data to support decision making and to know when you have succeeded and when you haven’t.
- Passionate and curious, always seeking a deeper understanding of end-user problems as well as competitive and market trends in the industry.
- Master of communication, written & verbal - comfortable communicating trade-offs to a diverse group of people, at all levels of the organization.
- You're flexible, can deal with change, and ambiguity doesn’t faze you.
- Experience at a start-up or small/mid-sized company is a plus
- Experience with e-commerce and SaaS is preferred
- Experience with fulfillment & shipping is a huge plus
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents).
- Take-as-much-as-you-need vacation policy + flexible work hours.
- Yearly conference, training & education budget to grow your skills and career.
- Super awesome team that cares about Shippo's mission, product and their co-workers!