Sr. Corporate Recruiter
San Francisco, Austin, or Remote /
Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce and parcel shipping volumes are exploding but so are customer expectations about shipping speed and cost. Managing shipping and logistics operations to meet increasingly exacting demands is an extremely hard endeavor, especially for SMBs who can be left in the dust by larger and far more sophisticated competitors. But this does not have to be so.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses with access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise. We lower the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world, and move shipping from a pain point to a competitive advantage.
Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, from fast-growing brands to mom-and-pop shops are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard, and seamlessly run every aspect of their shipping operations, from checkout shipping options to returns.
Join us to build the foundations of something hard yet meaningful, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, and funded by top-tier investors likeD1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, we are a fast-growing and proudly distributed Unicorn with hubs in San Francisco and Austin. We are also featured in Wealthfront’s Career Launching List and Forbes’ Cloud 100 list of fast growing startups.
About the Role
We are looking for a strong recruiter to join our growing startup! The team just came off a strong 2020 doubling Shippo's headcount and we are looking to do it again this year. You will work with our go-to-market departments to build their teams with key hires.
- Collaborate with our go-to-market teams to identify areas of need and help create hiring plans to meet them.
- Manage full cycle recruiting processes to ensure a smooth and positive candidate experience for both San Francisco and remote locations.
- Develop a sourcing strategy to go out into the market to find good candidates.
- Work with candidates and our team to drive a quick interview process, including candidate sourcing, interviewing, reference checks, salary recommendations and negotiations, and the closing of candidates.
- Work with management and the recruiting team to develop new recruitment strategies and ensure best practices are followed.
- Assist in miscellaneous recruiting projects, adding new recruiting tools, etc.
- Leverage hiring data and industry trends to optimize hiring and closing capabilities.
- You have 5+ years of full cycle recruiting experience.
- You are data driven and can talk about your pipeline at ease
- A strong close record (over 80%). You know what it takes to get a candidate to take our job.
- Able to utilize data to influence hiring decisions and trends.
- You have an intrinsic drive to be successful.
- Patient, communicative, and collaborative team player that is detail-oriented and has great interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with Lever is a plus
Benefits and Perks
Medical, dental, and vision healthcare coverage for you and your dependents. Pets coverage is also available!
Flexible policy for PTO and work arrangement
2 weeks shut down during summer and winter
3 VTO days for ShippoCares volunteering events
$2,500 annual learning stipend for your personal and professional growth
Charity donation match up to $100
Fun team events outside of work hours - happy hours, “escape room” adventures, hikes, and more!