San Francisco, CA /
Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce is exploding, and with it, parcel shipping is becoming a meaningful factor in a business' ability to succeed. Creating a compelling shipping experience for customers is hard but necessary.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise.
Shippo lowers the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world. As free and fast shipping becomes the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns.
Internally, we think of Shippo as the building blocks of shipping. Shippos are a diverse set of individuals. We look for cultural and skill fit in every new person. Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo’s investors include D1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, and others.
About the Role
We are looking for a strong recruiter to join our growing startup! The team just came off a strong 2020 doubling Shippo's headcount and we are looking to do it again this year. You will work with our go-to-market departments to build their teams with key hires.
- Collaborate with our go-to-market teams to identify areas of need and help create hiring plans to meet them.
- Manage full cycle recruiting processes to ensure a smooth and positive candidate experience for both San Francisco and remote locations.
- Develop a sourcing strategy to go out into the market to find good candidates.
- Partner with hiring manager to create job descriptions.
- Work with candidates and our team to drive a quick interview process, including candidate sourcing, interviewing, reference checks, salary recommendations and negotiations, and the closing of candidates.
- Work with management and the recruiting team to develop new recruitment strategies and ensure best practices are followed.
- Assist in miscellaneous recruiting projects, adding new recruiting tools, etc.
- Leverage hiring data and industry trends to optimize hiring and closing capabilities.
- You have 3+ years of full cycle recruiting experience.
- You are data driven and can talk about your pipeline at ease
- A strong close record (over 80%). You know what it takes to get a candidate to take our job.
- Able to utilize data to influence hiring decisions and trends.
- You have an intrinsic drive to be successful.
- Patient, communicative, and collaborative team player that is detail-oriented and has great interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with Lever is a plus
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision, (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents), and pets coverage
- Flexible PTO + work hours
- Dog are welcomed in the office
- 3 VTO days for ShippoCares volunteering events
- $2,500 yearly learning stipend for your personal growth
- Free lunch / drinks / snacks
- Fun team events outside of work hours - happy hours, “escape room” adventures, hikes, and more!