Sr. Manager of Product Operations
San Francisco, CA /
Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce is exploding, and with it, parcel shipping is becoming a meaningful factor in a business' ability to succeed. Creating a compelling shipping experience for customers is hard but necessary.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise.
Shippo lowers the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world. As free and fast shipping becomes the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns.
Internally, we think of Shippo as the building blocks of shipping. Shippos are a diverse set of individuals. We look for cultural and skill fit in every new person. Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo’s investors include D1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, and others.
About the Role
Product Operations (Product Ops) at Shippo is all about helping deliver the right value to our users faster. You’ll do this by helping our product team prioritize by incorporating evidence & insights into our product process, improving product team effectiveness, and scaling product knowledge throughout the company. You’ll sit within a rapidly growing product organization, as the first hire on this team, with an opportunity to build and lead a team from scratch. You’ll be both a do-er as well as be a trusted advisor to the SVP of Product directly. This is a dynamic role, with great growth opportunity, where no two days will ever be the same!
- Build and maintain systems and processes for quantitative and qualitative evidence collection.
- Translate evidence into insight and partner on strategy work.
- Support culture of being data-informed.
- Aid with discovery by helping product teams get right evidence & insight for individual product efforts and helping with individual tests or research efforts (quant or qual)Lead and support product planning efforts where needed.
- Manage the product team tech stack, ensuring we have the right tools to support the our product process.
- Support leadership through maintaining and improving product org best practices and processes
- Central source of knowledge for the company for critical product information.
- Be an expert on product information, demonstrating an ability to answer key questions around customer needs, roadmap items, status of discovery efforts.
- Empower GTM teams with information they need to perform.
- Create, maintain, and contribute to product communication channels with the rest of the business
- 4+ years in product management or product ops.
- Prior experience in consulting, strategy, or operations work is a plus.
- Prior people management experience is a plus
- Relationship builder with skills to foster a sense of community with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Works well with data, and has a highly analytical approach to problem solving.
- Strong communication skills. Someone who can move seamlessly between conversing with engineers, operations teams, and senior executives.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and a strong sense of ownershipA strong understanding of the product development lifecycle.
- Passionate about product process, building products users love, and great customer experiences
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision, (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents), and pets coverage
- Flexible PTO + work hours
- Dog are welcomed in the office
- 3 VTO days for ShippoCares volunteering events
- $2,500 yearly learning stipend for your personal growth
- Free lunch / drinks / snacks
- Fun team events outside of work hours - happy hours, “escape room” adventures, hikes, and more!