USPS Sales Representative
Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce is exploding, and with it, parcel shipping is becoming a meaningful factor in a business' ability to succeed. Creating a compelling shipping experience for customers is hard but necessary.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise.
Shippo lowers the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world. As free and fast shipping becomes the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns.
Internally, we think of Shippo as the building blocks of shipping. Shippos are a diverse set of individuals. We look for cultural and skill fit in every new person. Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo’s investors include D1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, and others.
We are looking for a creative, high EQ, and cutomer-driven teammate who has an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to manage a high volume customer funnel, and who possesses results-driven grit that will take Shippo to the next level. You will guide clients through activation with positivity and focus. This is a hybrid role that combines sales, growth, activation and requires a high degree of customer-focused energy!
At a high level, here's what your day to day will look like:
1. Maintaining and building relationships with the USPS Field Sales team
2. Deliver product value proposition to USPS Sales team and their prospects.
3. Develop and maintain channel partner relationships.
4. Close new business.
5. Channel strategy planning to drive revenue.
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- 2 - 4 years of experience in field business to business (B2B) sales, preferably in e-commerce or logistics.
- 1-3 years of Channel Management experience
- Strong prospecting and lead generation skills.
- Previous experience selling through multiple channels: phone, email, chat
- Love to be in a fast-paced, high-growth, and an always improving environment
- Self-starter and quick thinker who thrives in ambiguous and rapidly changing situations
- Strong storytelling, listening, and customer relationship skills: empathy, communication, integrity, and high-quality question asking
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize between competing priorities
- Exceptional writing skills with attention to grammar and tone
- Passion for learning and eagerness to dive into the complex world of shipping/logistics
What You Will Essentially Do
- Demo and Train USPS’s Sales and Marketing teams on Shippo’s value prop and products
- Provide and develop marketing collateral for USPS Field Sales Develop lead lists.
- Cold call prospective clients via, telephone, email, and other outreach activities.
- Respond to phone and e-mail inquiries in a timely, efficient and professional manner.
- Provide basic implementation, integration guidance, and training for new customers.
- Use a customer-focused, consultative sales process to educate prospects on what products/services will best fit their needs.
- Maintain expert-level knowledge on the features and business application of Shippo’s web-application and API.
- Develop and maintain channel partner relationships.
- Provide training and ongoing support to USPS and channel partner sales representatives on Shippo’s products and services.
- Follow up with customers throughout the sales process and periodically after implementation.
- Regional/Territory strategy planning to drive revenue.
- Identify business targets, required resources and activities required to retire sales quota.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Healthcare coverage for medical, dental, vision (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents)
- Take-as-much-as-you-need vacation policy + flexible work hours
- Free lunch / drinks / snacks
- Fun team events outside of work hours
- Awesome people that care about Shippo's mission, product and team