Senior Product Manager
San Francisco, CA /
Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce is exploding, and with it, parcel shipping is becoming a meaningful factor in a business' ability to succeed. Creating a compelling shipping experience for customers is hard but necessary.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise.
Shippo lowers the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world. As free and fast shipping becomes the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns.
Internally, we think of Shippo as the building blocks of shipping. Shippos are a diverse set of individuals. We look for cultural and skill fit in every new person. Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo’s investors include D1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, and others.
About the Role
The Merchant Experience team delivers by creating intuitive workflows that make complicated logistics feel easy. As the Sr. Product Manager, Merchant Experience, you will help to define our product strategy and then execute on it by building products that drive customer enablement and retention. We are looking for a strategic problem-solver whose analytical skills and user-focused approach will make all the difference in making Shippo the partner of choice for e-commerce businesses. This role is highly collaborative in nature and the successful candidate will work closely with key partners and stakeholders across the company to connect the dots between customer needs and company success.
- Define and manage the merchant experience roadmap. Translate business goals and customer needs into a shared product vision and strategy.
- Understand customer pain points and validate your assumptions via user research, user testing, and regular communication with our go to market teams.
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements, user stories, and prototypes.
- Partner with engineering and design to deliver intuitive, effortless customer experiences.
- Define key qualitative and quantitative metrics and use them to generate insights, make data-driven decisions, estimate expected impact, prioritize initiatives, and measure success.
- Build alignment across stakeholder groups by clearly and accurately communicating throughout the product development process.
- 7+ years experience in technology companies, with 5+ years as a Product Manager
- Ability to think strategically, prioritize ruthlessly and execute methodically.
- Comfortable generating and using data to support your decisions and to know when you have succeeded and when you haven’t.
- Hands-on and passionate, with a collaborative approach to success.
- Master of communication, written & verbal - comfortable communicating trade-offs to a diverse group of people, at all levels of the organization.
- You're flexible, can deal with change, and ambiguity doesn’t faze you.
- Experience with e-commerce, shipping, and SMB B2B applications is a plus.
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents)
- Flexible PTO + work hours
- 3 VTO days for ShippoCares volunteering events
- $2,500 yearly learning stipend for your personal growth
- Free lunch / drinks / snacks
- Fun team events outside of work hours - happy hours, “escape the room” adventures, hikes, and more!