Austin, TX /
Business Development /
Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce is exploding, and with it, parcel shipping is becoming a meaningful factor in a business' ability to succeed. Creating a compelling shipping experience for customers is hard but necessary.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise.
Shippo lowers the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world. As free and fast shipping becomes the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns.
Internally, we think of Shippo as the building blocks of shipping. Shippos are a diverse set of individuals. We look for cultural and skill fit in every new person. Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo’s investors include D1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, and others.
- Partner with the Business Development Manager throughout the deal lifecycle as a trusted technical advisor and subject matter expert in technology, eCommerce, and logistics.
- Prepare and deliver high impact presentations on solution designs that integrate shipping workflows and operational requirements
- Collaborate cross functionally with engineers and product teams to design solutions to meet clients’ success criteria
- Team up with Business Developers to enhance presentation slide decks and cater solution demonstrations to partners both in-person and remotely
- Lead prospective clients in discovery meetings to outline the scope of work and document business requirements to ensure alignment
- Construct a smooth experience for new client’s transition from sales cycle to the implementation process
- Review, contribute to, and prioritize written proposals and RFP responses.
- Continuously grow and elevate your eCommerce industry expertise to rapidly grow the SE function into an organization
- Expert knowledge of the supply chain and eCommerce technology landscape
- Either hands-on experience or familiar with building solutions, applications, or websites using REST API protocols and architecture
- Minimum of 5-years of client-facing experience in API consulting, Solutions Consulting, or Sales Engineering for complex enterprise solutions and services. Experience with selling into executive and C-suite is a huge plus for candidacy.
- Consultative approach to discovering and learning eCommerce clients’ needs
- Awareness of industry leading logistics and delivery companies within the eCommerce landscape
- Demonstrate advanced skills in data analysis, Excel/Sheets, and PowerPoint/Slides
- Recent professional working experience includes a notable eCommerce platform company
- Versed in how modern web services and SaaS technologies are built and the cloud-infrastructures that hosts them
- Adept and fluent in simplifying complex solutions to internal and external non-technical audiences
- You are driven by collaboration in a team selling methodology and you value building positive rapport with colleagues.