Senior Product Manager - Commerce Integrations
San Francisco, Austin, or Remote /
Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce is exploding, and with it, parcel shipping is becoming a meaningful factor in a business' ability to succeed. Creating a compelling shipping experience for customers is hard but necessary.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise.
Shippo lowers the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world. As free and fast shipping becomes the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns.
Internally, we think of Shippo as the building blocks of shipping. Shippos are a diverse set of individuals. We look for cultural and skill fit in every new person. Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo’s investors include D1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, and others.
We are looking for a strategic problem-solver to drive impactful product improvements that our customers love and that drive Shippo’s business forward. In this role, you will work closely with all teams across the business, setting product strategy and roadmap, while taking a collaborative approach with your design and engineering partners to execute. You will need to have the ability to think broadly about the big picture while maintaining a strong focus on execution and impact. You’re comfortable working in a hyper-growth environment that is fast-paced, where no two days are the same.
This is not a feature role; we’re looking for a strong product manager that can drive a product strategy that continues to strengthen Shippo’s commerce integrations. You must love talking to customers and partners; finding every opportunity you can get to get in front of them. You’re data-driven in your approach to understand the impacts of your initiatives and identify opportunities to explore. Lastly, you’re a strong critical thinker, able to decompose complex problems into tangible pieces, understanding the levers that are most important to your solution.
While not necessary, we’re looking for a strong product manager that has lead integrations with commerce platforms like, Shopify, Wix, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, and Square. For us, it’s not just about integrating APIs between platforms but solving customers’ needs by bringing experiences together. While this role may not fit everybody, if this role describes you, please apply and make sure you are noticed!
- Lead product discovery, partnering with a cross-functional team of designers, and engineers to understand customer needs and discover product opportunities
- Leverage insight to ruthlessly prioritize and develop your product strategy and / or product roadmap.
- Build and maintain alignment with cross-functional partners, product, and exec teams.
- Define key qualitative and quantitative metrics and use them to identify opportunities for innovation and measure the impact of product launches.
- Own and be accountable to the end-to-end success of your product or product area from strategy through execution.
- Drive standardization and repeatability to our integration process while remaining flexible to details around the edges.
- Coordinate with Partner Marketing and Partnerships teams to identify strategic opportunities with platform partners.
- 5+ years experience as a Product Manager at SaaS company
- Master of communication, written & verbal - comfortable with a diverse group of people, from engineers and analysts to designers and marketers.
- Strong understanding of API and authentication technologies .
- Experience developing platform integrations within app marketplaces
- Strong understanding of conversion funnels and metrics.
- Experience developing platform features and APIs to drive value to end-users .
- Experience shipping products in a fast-moving environment with a heavy dose of ambiguity.
- Strong experience working closely with industry leaders and able to inspire confidence with key stakeholders
- Proven experience working cross-functionally and building alignment with Go-to-market and revenue teams.
- Execution focus - do what it takes to keep the team moving in the right direction
- Experience at a start-up or small/mid-sized company is a plus
- Experience with e-commerce and shipping is preferred
- Experience integrating with commerce platforms is a huge plus.
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision, (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents), and pets coverage
- Flexible PTO + work hours
- Dog are welcomed in the office
- 3 VTO days for ShippoCares volunteering events
- $2,500 yearly learning stipend for your personal growth
- Free lunch / drinks / snacks
- Fun team events outside of work hours - happy hours, “escape room” adventures, hikes, and more!