San Francisco, Austin, or Remote /
Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce and parcel shipping volumes are exploding but so are customer expectations about shipping speed and cost. Managing shipping and logistics operations to meet increasingly exacting demands is an extremely hard endeavor, especially for SMBs who can be left in the dust by larger and far more sophisticated competitors. But this does not have to be so.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses with access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise. We lower the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world, and move shipping from a pain point to a competitive advantage.
Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, from fast-growing brands to mom-and-pop shops are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard, and seamlessly run every aspect of their shipping operations, from checkout shipping options to returns.
Join us to build the foundations of something hard yet meaningful, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, and funded by top-tier investors likeD1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, we are a fast-growing and proudly distributed Unicorn with hubs in San Francisco and Austin. We are also featured in Wealthfront’s Career Launching List and Forbes’ Cloud 100 list of fast growing startups.
About the Role
We are looking for a full-time Technical Sourcer to build a diverse candidate pool of passive talent to improve recruiting efficiency and quality. You will be responsible for partnering with recruiters, engineers and hiring managers to attract the best talent. You must thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment and enjoy networking within the tech industry to find and identify the best sources of talent.
We’re passionate about delivering an awesome candidate experience at each stage of the conversation by lending genuine insight into our culture, mission and challenges. You will have the opportunity to recruit for teams in engineering and product across many locations.
- Partner closely with recruiters and hiring managers to become a subject matter expert in the technical requirements, and how positions are able to impact the organization
- Strategize and leverage multiple sourcing channels to identify high caliber candidates and maintain a healthy pipeline for priority roles
- Strategize different ways to build talent pipelines and execute on tactical research, referral generation, talent mapping, events and sourcing campaigns
- Engage passive candidates and understand their underlying motivations, while providing detailed information on the position requirements and company mission
- Track and report state of pipeline, recruiting funnel metrics and performance data to share with internal stakeholders
- Create and disseminate sourcing best practices to the team as the resident sourcing expert
- Be the face of Shippo to our amazing candidates. Maintain professional and courteous communication with candidates to foster long-term relationships
- 3+ years of sourcing experience at a tech startup with a high hiring bar
- Proven track record of successfully identifying and hiring exceptional candidates in high-growth environments
- Experience hiring for various technology stacks and engineering roles
- Experience implementing creative sourcing methods through multiple channels
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Proven ability to thrive in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environments
- Detail-oriented and well-organized
- Personable with a great work ethic and positive attitude
Benefits and Perks
Medical, dental, and vision healthcare coverage for you and your dependents. Pets coverage is also available!
Flexible policy for PTO and work arrangement
3 VTO days for ShippoCares volunteering events
$2,500 annual learning stipend for your personal and professional growth
Charity donation match up to $100
Free daily catered lunch, drinks, and snacks
Fun team events outside of work hours - happy hours, “escape room” adventures, hikes, and more!