VP of Carrier Partnerships
San Francisco, CA /
Business Development /
Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce is exploding, and with it, parcel shipping is becoming a meaningful factor in a business' ability to succeed. Creating a compelling shipping experience for customers is hard but necessary.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise.
Shippo lowers the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world. As free and fast shipping becomes the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns.
Internally, we think of Shippo as the building blocks of shipping. Shippos are a diverse set of individuals. We look for cultural and skill fit in every new person. Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo’s investors include D1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, and others.
We are seeking a dedicated Vice President of Carrier Partnerships who will help build our Go-To-Market strategy, and scale our Carriers teams. This leader will build partnerships with shipping carriers providing ancillary offerings to Shippo to compliment our core product of price rating, shipping labels and parcel tracking. In detail, this leader will also address the following goals for Shippo:
- Deliver 2x YoY revenue growth with new and existing carrier partners
- Motivate, mentor, and grow the team
- Grow strategic partnerships with existing and new shipping carrier suppliers through long term relationship-building strategies, contract negotiations, and revenue sharing opportunities.
- Define, plan, and execute roadmap to expand carrier evaluations, partnerships business model, and new proposals for revenue incentives
- Lead conversations with carriers to position Shippo’s value propositions and use cases for adopting a master service agreement and master account model
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering to design, plan, develop, and implement new product offerings to carriers
- Continuously use data-driven metrics and market research to capture and disseminate information about new developments in carriers industry to internal and external stakeholders for opportunistic wins
- Integrate with marketplace platforms that aggregate SMBs to help Shippo reach more customers through platforms our customers already use and trust
- Build partnerships with agencies and system integrators that work with e-commerce stores and build e-commerce websites.
- Build partnerships with strategic partners that are relevant to improving the product experience for our customers in terms of ease of use, making Shippo a one-stop-shop for shipping.
- 10+ years of experience in a business development, alliance, or partner management career path
- 5+ years of experience in the global shipping carriers industry (USPS, FedEx, DHL, UPS, etc)
- Additional background in combinations may include commerce, logistics, management consulting, investment banking experience, ISV ecosystem, and technology startup company experiences
- Proven track record of building and scaling business development, alliance, or partner teams from scratch from SMB to enterprise environments
- Articulates and communicates with a diverse audience and acts responsively to team members
- Effective negotiation and closing skills in deals involving multiple stakeholders with ability to persevere through long and complex deal processes
- Familiarity in working with analytics, tracking/attribution, and API integrations
- Dedicated team leader with demonstrated record of building teams, growing talent, and managing performance
- Work interdependently across leadership board and with cross-functional teams to achieve results
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Medical, dental, vision, (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents), and pets coverage
- Flexible PTO + work hours
- Dog are welcomed in the office
- 3 VTO days for ShippoCares volunteering events
- $2,500 yearly learning stipend for your personal growth
- Free lunch / drinks / snacks
- Fun team events outside of work hours - happy hours, “escape room” adventures, hikes, and more!