San Francisco, CA or Austin, TX /
Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce is exploding, and with it, parcel shipping is becoming a meaningful factor in a business' ability to succeed. Creating a compelling shipping experience for customers is hard but necessary.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise.
Shippo lowers the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world. As free and fast shipping becomes the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns.
Internally, we think of Shippo as the building blocks of shipping. Shippos are a diverse set of individuals. We look for cultural and skill fit in every new person. Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo’s investors include D1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, and others.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer at Shippo, you will collaborate with cross-functional project teams to develop and execute test plans that meet business objectives and deliver high-quality web applications, backend services, and APIs to our partners and users. You will also contribute to our testing automation framework by developing and maintaining automated test cases/scripts. You'll foster best QA practices and help others understand, build, maintain and improve the test infrastructure to continually push the quality and efficiency of our releases.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality across the SDLC, including reviewing business requirements, architecture and design documents to come up with the test strategy.
- Create comprehensive test plans and test cases based on the test strategy to ensure the architected systems meet all business requirements, and are delivered with high quality.
- Develop, implement, and maintain automated tests/scripts using a variety of tools for functionality, integration, system, regression and smoke testing.
- Execute manual and automated test cases based on the test plan. Integrate testing into our CI/CD infrastructure to efficiently deliver high quality applications to our users
- Diagnose issues, report defects, and propose regression tests to discover reoccurrences
- Participate in the development of relevant and useful testing metrics to measure and monitor product performance and quality.
- Help to foster a test-driven engineering culture that drives improvements in quality.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- 2+ years experience with all phases of software testing including test strategy and planning, manual test execution, test automation, system and integration testing, regression testing, and designing test architecture
- Demonstrate a solid foundation of QA methodologies, testing techniques, and software development processes.
- Strong knowledge and experience of defining, developing, and reporting QA/Testing metrics
- Proven experience in automating end-end test cases (using tools like Selenium, Protractor, Cypress, etc.), API testing (SOAP UI, Postman, Restlet etc.), performance testing and security testing using JMeter or any other relevant tool.
- Experience with working in a Agile environment and CI/CD driven testing culture
- Detailed-oriented and a passion for quality & strong customer focus.
- Excellent communicator, verbal and written
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Medical, dental, vision, (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents), and pets coverage
Flexible PTO + work hours
Dog are welcomed in the office
3 VTO days for ShippoCares volunteering events
$2,500 yearly learning stipend for your personal growth
Free lunch / drinks / snacks
Fun team events outside of work hours - happy hours, “escape room” adventures, hikes, and more!