Backend Engineer - Professional Services
Denver or Remote (Anywhere in US) /
Product and Engineering – Professional Services /
Two solutions, one goal: make work simpler, with better data for leaders. FORM.com, a global leader in mobile data collection, and GoSpotCheck, the leading provider of mobile task management and image recognition software, are the top low-code/no-code platforms enabling digital process automation for mid-size and large enterprise customers globally.
FORM.com was established in 2001 and is based in Braintree, MA with offices in Chicago, Boston, London, and Kyiv. GoSpotCheck was established in 2011 and is based in Denver, CO. Diversis Capital acquired and merged the FORM.com and GoSpotCheck platforms and teams in 2020 to further enable digital process automation and deliver business value for customers, supported by a team of 300.
Together, these solutions enable digital business processes across functions in Consumer Goods, Retail, Restaurant & Hospitality, Facilities & Property, Health Sciences, and Natural Resources.
What You'll Do
- GoSpotCheck has a very powerful out-of-the-box product, but as a Backend Engineer on our Professional Services team, you’ll build customized solutions for some of our biggest customers. You’ll collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders, leveraging your domain expertise to create seamless integrations and valuable deliverables.
What We'll Achieve
- Our customers will pull and push complex data from the GoSpotCheck platform with ease, thanks to your solid engineering efforts.
- The automated processes you create for our stakeholders, both internal teams and external customers will save them countless hours they used to spend aggregating their data.
- Our customers will gain robust, accurate, and timely reporting capabilities to help them better understand their operations and take action.
- We’ll continue to build on our strong customer relationships as we deliver their solutions on time and within scope.
- We’ll bridge the gap from Commercial to Product Teams, engineering-specific revenue-generating solutions such as customized report views, triggered emails, data digestion/reporting, and data ingestion/tables.
- We’ll move from a highly customized set of solutions towards a more clearly defined set of configurable solutions.
- Working closely with a Project Manager to understand the requirements of your stories and how they impact our customers' ROI.
- Constant communication with Quality Assurance to ensure that your code covers all of the edge cases that might be lurking in the shadows.
- Leveraging test-driven development practices as you write and maintain applications in Ruby.
- Using Slack and Asana to keep your fellow teammates informed on your story progress and to identify any roadblocks that stand between you and a successful release.
Who You Are
- You have at least 1-2 years' experience working on a data-driven, Ruby on Rails stack, preferably on a data-focused SaaS product.
- You have advanced on-the-job experience in Ruby on Rails development, and bonus points if you’ve worked with Go/Golang.
- Preferably, you have worked with PostgreSQL for data manipulation and Kafka or a similar eventing system.
- You get your kicks from solving problems, delivering on-time, and innovating reusable solutions.
- You maintain good engineering practices and encourage others to do the same.
- You can take complex problems and break them down into smaller, bite-sized issues.
- You strive for excellence. Being good enough isn’t good enough for you!
- You have worked in a fast-paced team environment or in a consulting role, and know how to be resourceful to get things done.
- You are a team player, you enjoy being around your peers, you are willing to wear multiple hats (e.g., developer and tester), and see the value of working in a pair programming environment.
- Preferably, you earned a Bachelor’s degree in CS or completed a coding school program that had a focus on back-end engineering.
- You appreciate and align with our company values.
Who We Are
We are innovators: We’re here to free mobile workers from the mundane and open up new worlds of possibility and prosperity, powered by the people.
We are partners: We’re only as successful as our customers. We provide exceptional support, strategic partnership, and personalized account management to ensure they’re successful.
We are problem-solvers: We believe business will help solve the complex challenges facing our planet today. We build products centered on helping them succeed so they can do just that.
We are flexible: We believe in a "Work Your Way" Employment Policy. Employees who can effectively perform their job functions remotely may do so indefinitely.
Humble + hungry. We measure success by how we help customers win. And we've been in the game a long time (in software years). Every interaction gives us the chance to deliver better service and more value. Along the way we've picked up a few awards, and for that, we're thankful.
FORM.com and GoSpotCheck offer competitive salaries and full benefits for full-time employees and is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer--welcoming all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.