Database Administrator (DBA)
Denver or Remote (Anywhere in US) /
Product and Engineering – Engineering /
Two solutions, one goal: make work simpler, with better data for leaders. FORM.com, a global leader in mobile data collection, and GoSpotCheck, the leading provider of mobile task management and image recognition software, are the top low-code/no-code platforms enabling digital process automation for mid-size and large enterprise customers globally.
FORM.com was established in 2001 and is based in Braintree, MA with offices in Chicago, Boston, London, and Kyiv. GoSpotCheck was established in 2011 and is based in Denver, CO. Diversis Capital acquired and merged the FORM.com and GoSpotCheck platforms and teams in 2020 to further enable digital process automation and deliver business value for customers, supported by a team of 300.
Together, these solutions enable digital business processes across functions in Consumer Goods, Retail, Restaurant & Hospitality, Facilities & Property, Health Sciences, and Natural Resources.
What You'll Do
- As a Database Administrator at GoSpotCheck + FORM.com, you’ll work directly with our agile product teams in the implementation, usage, and maintenance of PostgreSQL databases, with an eye towards maintainability, scalability, and performance in the context of a multi-tenant SaaS product.
What We'll Achieve
- Your strengths in collaboration and teamwork will make you a key player in helping our product agile teams tackle database problems head-on
- Your competence in our systems and forward-thinking mindset will allow us to continue to improve our database implementation to head off potential performance issues
- You will support our engineering teams in the use of PostgreSQL –integration, best practices, database, and schema design
- You will help Implement data standards, governance, processes, and policies across the company to ensure accurate delivery of key performance indicators
Who You Are
- You have managed and administered relational databases, PostgreSQL preferred, for 4+ years
- You have no problem supporting the CloudOps team in production in both managed platforms (Aiven PostgreSQL) and self-hosted instances
- You are familiar with Postgres extensions such as PostGIS. Experience in implementing and supporting partitioning and sharding in PostgreSQL is a huge plus
- You understand how to work with application developers to implement and support best practices when interacting with databases
- You are well versed in proper design and architecture within relational databases and PostgreSQL in particular. This includes data access patterns, table design, index and constraint implementation, and appropriate use of views and functions/procedures
- You love to stay up to date on all things data storage, especially when it comes to cloud offerings
- You have confidence in being the front-line to diagnose and troubleshoot performance issues when required
- You have experience implementing proactive policies for performance profiling and load testing
- You are comfortable with Infrastructure as Code (e.g., Terraform) and source-controlling reusable code (e.g., maintenance scripts)
- Experience with NoSQL cloud databases such as Couchbase or Firestore and experience with data warehouse technologies such as Snowflake are a plus
- Your preference is to work in a highly collaborative environment
- You’re comfortable with feedback - you take thoughts and suggestions, implement them with efficiency, and deliver feedback with tact
- You know how to be resourceful in order to get things done
- You have an open mind to using the technology that will produce the best results
Who We Are
We are innovators: We’re here to free mobile workers from the mundane and open up new worlds of possibility and prosperity, powered by the people.
We are partners: We’re only as successful as our customers. We provide exceptional support, strategic partnership, and personalized account management to ensure they’re successful.
We are problem-solvers: We believe business will help solve the complex challenges facing our planet today. We build products centered on helping them succeed so they can do just that.
We are flexible: We believe in a "Work Your Way" Employment Policy. Employees who can effectively perform their job functions remotely may do so indefinitely.
Humble + hungry. We measure success by how we help customers win. And we've been in the game a long time (in software years). Every interaction gives us the chance to deliver better service and more value. Along the way we've picked up a few awards, and for that, we're thankful.
FORM.com and GoSpotCheck offer competitive salaries and full benefits for full-time employees and is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer--welcoming all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.