Lead Software Engineer
GoSpotCheck is a team of 160+ of the best and brightest minds in Denver who all share a common goal: to reimagine how the mobile workforce works.
200+ enterprise brands in 70 countries across 6 continents power their mobile workforces with GoSpotCheck. Our software helps teams perfect merchandising, increase sales, reduce labor and expenses, ensure safety and quality, and improve profitability from the field. We do this with dynamic surveys, digital photo capture, machine learning, artificial intelligence, advanced analytics, IoT and data integrations, Bluetooth thermometer integrations, and automated issue resolution with flexible workflows. We power cloud-based mobile and desktop solutions and provide fast implementations to deliver quick time to value. We currently serve the retail, fast moving consumer goods/consumer goods, restaurant, beer-wine-spirits, facilities, commercial real estate, and healthcare industries and equip their operations and sales teams with elegant, easy-to-use tools to do their jobs efficiently in the field.
Our customers have completed an incredible 500,000,000 business-building missions using our tools, and include market leaders like PepsiCo, Beam Suntory, Panera Bread, Danone, Under Armour and more.
What You’ll Do
- As a Lead Engineer on our core web application team, you’ll be responsible for the team delivery of projects, features and user stories on our most complex and business-critical application. You’ll play the role of Engineer, Architect and Manager. You’ll get your hands dirty when you need to, but will always prioritize empowerment of the team through your mentoring, coaching or just removing impediments.
What We’ll Achieve
- We’ll launch well-engineered web app solutions, on time, that empower our customers to do great work!
- We’ll never wonder why we are building something thanks to your ability to collaborate with the Product Managers and translate customer needs to your team.
- We’ll minimize technical, business and quality risks through collaboration and thoughtful redesign.
- We’ll not only build high-quality architectures on the core web app team, but across teams as we share best practices to achieve shared goals.
- We’ll create great teams of engineers thanks to your ability to develop employees, build great culture and attract great talent.
Who You are
- You have 8 years of software engineering experience, with at least 3 years in a management role.
- You’re able to manage high-performing teams that deliver full feature sets from start to finish, correctly and on time without getting lost down rabbit holes.
- You always err on the side of over communicating to your team!
- You have broad experience with several languages, frameworks and programming paradigms, and believe in using the technology and paradigms that produce the best results.
- You understand how to break down large codebases into microservices without creating a distributed monolith.
- You believe in fostering a great culture, and don’t shy away from directly addressing behaviors that aren’t beneficial to the greater team.
- You may rarely need help, but still seek out and value collaboration to validate ideas or triangulate best solutions to hard problems.
- You believe in the benefits of test driven design.
- You have a strong sense of empathy for the customer experience - reliability and quality are all extremely important to you.
- You are delivery oriented, and understand the tradeoffs between complete and perfect.
- You never pass up a training opportunity with your employees and have an ability to deliver feedback that always hits the mark.
- You know how to compose and deliver meaningful performance reviews that motivate your employees to paint a clear roadmap for professional growth.
- Recruiting is something that always lives at the forefront of your mind - You never pass up the opportunity to grab coffee with a great candidate!
- You have preferably completed a bachelor’s degree in a technical field.
- You appreciate and align with our company values.
We are innovators: We believe in the power of human ingenuity and create technology to unleash it. We’re here to free mobile workers from the mundane and open up new worlds of possibility and prosperity, powered by the people.
We are leaders: We believe we’re only as successful as our customers. We’re here to help them reach their goals. We provide exceptional customer service, strategic recommendations, and personalized account management to ensure they’re successful.
We are problem-solvers: We believe business has a fundamental imperative to help solve the complex challenges facing our planet today. We built a company centered on helping them succeed so they can do just that.
GoSpotCheck offers competitive salaries and full benefits. We want to work with empathetic, smart, customer-obsessed, growth-minded, passionately curious professionals and “doers” who share our common values. We’re passionate about creating intuitive, beautiful, effective tools to power the mobile workforce around the world. We are honored to be BuiltIn Colorado's - #1 Midsize Company to Work For in Colorado 2019, category winner of the 2016 Denver Business Journal’s - Best Places to Work, 2017 Denver Post’s - Top Workplaces, and one of Outside Magazine’s 50 Best Places to Work in 2018. We take pride in doing great work, and truly love coming in to the office every day.
GoSpotCheck is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.