GoSpotCheck is a team of 130+ of the best and brightest minds in Denver who all share a common goal: to reimagine how the mobile workforce works.
200+ enterprise brands in 70 countries across 6 continents power their mobile workforces with GoSpotCheck. Our software helps teams perfect merchandising, increase sales, reduce labor and expenses, ensure safety and quality, and improve profitability from the field. We do this with dynamic surveys, digital photo capture, machine learning, artificial intelligence, advanced analytics, IoT and data integrations, Bluetooth thermometer integrations, and automated issue resolution with flexible workflows. We power cloud-based mobile and desktop solutions and provide fast implementations to deliver quick time to value. We currently serve the retail, fast moving consumer goods/consumer goods, restaurant, beer-wine-spirits, facilities, commercial real estate, and healthcare industries and equip their operations and sales teams with elegant, easy-to-use tools to do their jobs efficiently in the field.
Our customers have completed an incredible 500,000,000 business-building missions using our tools, and include market leaders like PepsiCo, Beam Suntory, Panera Bread, Danone, Under Armour and more.
What You’ll Do
- As a Software Engineer on our Core team, you will continue to pave the way in engineering the best Android application on the market for the deskless worker. Your work will impact the largest segment of our growing user-base. Your impact will help GoSpotCheck improve upon and innovate our mobile data collection platform while gaining mobile engineering skills and experience to grow your career.
What We’ll Achieve
- Doers will continue to love the GoSpotCheck Android application for all that it does to help them get their jobs done quickly and efficiently
- The new features you build will solve problems for our current customers and open the door to new use cases that will keep GoSpotCheck’s business growing
- Our Support team will rest assured that when a bug is reported, validated, and assigned to you, it’s in good hands to be resolved
- The Core team will benefit from your engineering experience, instincts, and your ability to communicate thoughts and weigh options
- The QA team will have the tough task of finding bugs thanks to the well-tested code you deliver
Who You Are
- You have a strong sense of empathy for the customer experience - you want to help them do their jobs well
- You have 2+ years of experience in Android development and the end-to-end skillset to take a mobile application from “File/New” in Android Studio to the Google Play Store
- You know what the latest and greatest Android SDKs can do and have the Java/Kotlin knowledge and experience to execute what you envision
- You’re a diligent programmer and write understandable code with an eye towards maintainability
- You know there are always trade-offs in engineering and you know how to communicate those trade-offs, being able to play devil’s advocate when a contrary voice is needed
- You can jump into situations and make things better without a lot of handholding
- When things break — and they will — you’re eager, and able, to help fix things even if it’s not your preferred terrain
- You get your kicks from solving problems, delivering on-time, and being encouraged to innovate
- Bonus points for experience with Firebase
- Bonus points for any iOS experience
- You have worked in a smaller environment, or in a consulting role, and know how to be resourceful in order to get things done
- You don’t come totally unglued when a PM asks you to stop what you are doing to work on something else
- Your ability to prioritize your own workYou enjoy being around your peers and can evaluate when pair programming is a valuable exercise
- You have an open mind to using the technology that will produce the best results, even if it isn’t your first choice
- You (preferably) earned a Bachelor’s degree in CS
- You appreciate and align with our company values.
We are innovators: We believe in the power of human ingenuity and create technology to unleash it. We’re here to free mobile workers from the mundane and open up new worlds of possibility and prosperity, powered by the people.
We are leaders: We believe we’re only as successful as our customers. We’re here to help them reach their goals. We provide exceptional customer service, strategic recommendations, and personalized account management to ensure they’re successful.
We are problem-solvers: We believe business has a fundamental imperative to help solve the complex challenges facing our planet today. We built a company centered on helping them succeed so they can do just that.
GoSpotCheck offers competitive salaries and full benefits for full-time employees. We want to work with empathetic, smart, customer-obsessed, growth-minded, passionately curious professionals and “doers” who share our common values. We’re passionate about creating intuitive, beautiful, effective tools to power the mobile workforce around the world. We are honored to be BuiltIn Colorado's - #1 Midsize Company to Work For in Colorado 2019, category winner of the 2016 Denver Business Journal’s - Best Places to Work, 2017 Denver Post’s - Top Workplaces, and one of Outside Magazine’s 50 Best Places to Work in 2018. We take pride in doing great work, and truly love coming in to the office every day.
GoSpotCheck is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.