Director of Software and Technical Support
GoSpotCheck is 150 of the best and brightest minds in Denver, who all share a common goal: Empower our customers to execute in the field faster, and ultimately, ‘win the ground game!’ GoSpotCheck provides mobile form and execution management software that enables team leaders to improve workforce operations. Organizations can assign tasks to their field teams, analyze real-time reporting data, and drive action to accomplish critical business goals and objectives. Our customers complete 650,000 tasks each day in over 70 countries and include market leaders like Pepsico, Beam Suntory, Panera Bread, Dannon, Under Armour and more.
At GoSpotCheck, we pride ourselves in being innovative, problem-solvers. Collectively, we are a group of dog-lovers, philanthropists, creative thinkers, goofballs, world travelers, and more. Our values include Go to Bed Smarter, Own It, and Do Great Work. We take pride in doing great work, and truly love coming in to the office every day.
What You'll Do
- As the Director of Software & Technical Support at GoSpotCheck, you will lead, coach, and empower both the front-line Software Support team and the Technical Support team responsible for escalations. As a direct Manager, you’ll enable your Support Managers to continuously improve their team’s performance while coordinating across every department in the company to ensure each customer voice is heard. As the champion for your team, you’ll ensure they always have a seat at the table, and you’ll work closely with GoSpotCheck’s leadership team to regularly inform and address product and user trends. Most importantly, you’ll use your previous Support expertise to help your team provide world-class service, and help mentor and shape the next leaders of the organization.
What We'll Achieve
- With your expertise, we'll scale our first-class customer service to extended hours of 24/5 weekdays and 9-5 weekends to provide support across time zones and languages, with a mix of both local & remote teammates.
- We’ll swiftly identify trends in tickets relating to both user error & product error, working cross-functionally to ensure root causes & feature gaps are addressed promptly.
- With your leadership and strategic thinking, we’ll define and track performance against success metrics & goals specific for both the Software Support team & Technical Support team, such as maintaining response times, accuracy and customer satisfaction.
- We’ll continue to build out a world-class Support team through thoughtful hiring, onboarding and continuous coaching of each individual team member, priming the next leaders within the organization.
- We’ll champion team culture and engagement as a top priority, establishing best practices on connecting and receiving feedback with a distributed team.
- We’ll continually analyze our practices to stay at the forefront of industry standards, enabling both efficiency and relationship-building in every process & customer interaction.
- We’ll provide transparency to our Senior Management and Executive Team regarding the current health, historic trends and outlook of our customer experience.
Who You Are
- You have 3-5 years of management experience leading a Technical Support and/or Customer Support team, preferably within a growing SaaS company.
- You’ve been in your team’s shoes before; prioritizing tickets, communicating with difficult customers, and troubleshooting product issues.
- You believe in “Radical Candor” and the ability to not only give timely feedback, but are open to receiving 360 degree feedback yourself.
- You’re customer-centric - You have no trouble being the point of contact for customer escalations and can help manage the expectations of both internal and external customers on your team’s behalf.
- You’re a clear communicator - Your teams always know what success looks like, and the consequences of not delivering.
- You are comfortable working directly with Executives and Senior Management, serving not only as the champion of your team, but also as the voice of the customer.
- You believe a critical measure of your success as a manager is your ability to retain and contribute to the professional growth of your team.
- You’re an empathetic listener; coaching is your forte. For every challenge, you bring three potential (and creative) solutions.
- Your written communication is exceptional: concise, persuasive, and empathetic.
- Your verbal communication is exceptional: clear, on-point, and confident.
- Having too much work and not enough time doesn’t make you come unglued - You understand how to prioritize and focus on what is important.
- You’re a quick study and can incorporate industry/vertical-specific jargon in your communication with customers as needed.
- You have completed a Bachelor’s degree. Bonus points for anything beyond that!
- You appreciate and align with our company values.
GoSpotCheck offers competitive salaries and full benefits. We want to work with intelligent and motivated people who share our common values. We go above and beyond to create an atmosphere that allows people to be themselves, grow professionally, and enjoy a laundry list of work perks! We are proud category winners of the 2016 Denver Business Journal’s - Best Places to Work, as well as the 2017 Denver Post’s - Top Workplaces and one of Outside Magazine’s 50 Best Places to Work in 2018.
GoSpotCheck is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.