GoSpotCheck is a team of 130+ of the best and brightest minds in Denver who all share a common goal: to reimagine how the mobile workforce works.
200+ enterprise brands in 70 countries across 6 continents power their mobile workforces with GoSpotCheck. Our software helps teams perfect merchandising, increase sales, reduce labor and expenses, ensure safety and quality, and improve profitability from the field. We do this with dynamic surveys, digital photo capture, machine learning, artificial intelligence, advanced analytics, IoT and data integrations, Bluetooth thermometer integrations, and automated issue resolution with flexible workflows. We power cloud-based mobile and desktop solutions and provide fast implementations to deliver quick time to value. We currently serve the retail, fast moving consumer goods/consumer goods, restaurant, beer-wine-spirits, facilities, commercial real estate, and healthcare industries and equip their operations and sales teams with elegant, easy-to-use tools to do their jobs efficiently in the field.
Our customers have completed an incredible 500,000,000 business-building missions using our tools, and include market leaders like PepsiCo, Beam Suntory, Panera Bread, Danone, Under Armour and more.
What You'll Do
- As a Backend Engineer, you’ll push the boundaries of the GoSpotCheck analytics and reporting platform, by building clean, scalable, and maintainable API’s. We are constantly exploring new use cases for our customers and prospective customers. You’ll build highly scalable products for the enterprise customer, and solve the complex engineering challenges that come along with that. You’ll collaborate with your Agile team to continue improving the product and customer experience!
What We'll Achieve
- The robust and scalable API and back-end functionality you engineer will help our customers turn data into insightful and actionable reports.
- We’ll continue to improve upon our microservices architecture, to increase speed, dependability and overall performance of our mobile applications.
- We’ll evaluate and implement the latest and greatest tech to achieve the best solutions for our business, leaning on your ability to quickly level-up and drive best practices!
- We’ll sing your praises for the quality code you write, and the valuable insights and mentorship you provide to the team.
- At the end of the day, we’ll improve the way business is done out in the field, thanks to your commitment to building quality product!
Who You Are
- You have 5+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- You have broad experience with several languages, frameworks and programming paradigms, and believe in using the technology and paradigms that produce the best results.
- While you have worked in various environments, your impact will be felt immediately if you have solid experience with Ruby on Rails, Go/Golang, Google Cloud, Postgres, Kubernetes, Docker and Agile practices.
- You have experience with, or at least a strong fundamental understanding of, microservices and service-oriented architectures.
- You have deep expertise in gRPC APIs and/or RESTful API’s.
- You believe in the benefits of test driven design.
- You’re able to rapidly diagnose and troubleshoot real-world problems quickly and without a lot of context or support.
- You find motivation in being involved in planning, architecture and strategic planning.
- You have solid computer science fundamentals: data modeling, data structures, algorithms, design patterns and programming languages.
- Bonus points if you are capable of designing data pipelines and data transformations that make analytics scalable and maintainable!
- You have a strong sense of empathy for the customer experience - reliability and quality are all extremely important to you.
- You are delivery oriented, and understand the tradeoffs between complete and perfect.
- When things break — and they will — you are eager, and able, to help fix things.
- You enjoy being around your peers, and see the value of strong collaboration processes
- Part of your excitement about being a developer is the fact that you can learn new things everyday.
- You (preferably) earned a Bachelor’s degree in CS.
- You appreciate and align with our company values.
We are innovators: We believe in the power of human ingenuity and create technology to unleash it. We’re here to free mobile workers from the mundane and open up new worlds of possibility and prosperity, powered by the people.
We are leaders: We believe we’re only as successful as our customers. We’re here to help them reach their goals. We provide exceptional customer service, strategic recommendations, and personalized account management to ensure they’re successful.
We are problem-solvers: We believe business has a fundamental imperative to help solve the complex challenges facing our planet today. We built a company centered on helping them succeed so they can do just that.
GoSpotCheck offers competitive salaries and full benefits for full-time employees. We want to work with empathetic, smart, customer-obsessed, growth-minded, passionately curious professionals and “doers” who share our common values. We’re passionate about creating intuitive, beautiful, effective tools to power the mobile workforce around the world. We are honored to be BuiltIn Colorado's - #1 Midsize Company to Work For in Colorado 2019, category winner of the 2016 Denver Business Journal’s - Best Places to Work, 2017 Denver Post’s - Top Workplaces, and one of Outside Magazine’s 50 Best Places to Work in 2018. We take pride in doing great work, and truly love coming in to the office every day.
GoSpotCheck is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.