Professional Services Engineer
GoSpotCheck is 150 of the best and brightest minds in Denver, who all share a common goal: Empower our customers to execute in the field faster, and ultimately, ‘win the ground game!’ GoSpotCheck provides mobile form and execution management software that enables team leaders to improve workforce operations. Organizations can assign tasks to their field teams, analyze real-time reporting data, and drive action to accomplish critical business goals and objectives. Our customers complete 650,000 tasks each day in over 70 countries and include market leaders like Pepsico, Beam Suntory, Panera Bread, Dannon, Under Armour and more.
At GoSpotCheck, we pride ourselves in being innovative, problem-solvers. Collectively, we are a group of dog-lovers, philanthropists, creative thinkers, goofballs, world travelers, and more. Our values include Go to Bed Smarter, Own It, and Do Great Work. We take pride in doing great work, and truly love coming in to the office every day.
What You’ll Do
- GoSpotCheck has a very powerful out-of-the-box product, but as a Professional Services Engineer you’ll build customized solutions for some of our biggest customers. You’ll collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders, leveraging your domain expertise to create seamless integrations and valuable deliverables.
What We’ll Achieve
- Our customers will pull and push complex data from the GoSpotCheck platform with ease, thanks to your solid engineering efforts.
- The automated processes you create for our stakeholders, both internal and external, will save them countless hours they used to spend aggregating their data.
- Our customers will gain robust, accurate, and timely reporting capabilities to help them better understand their operations and take action.
- We’ll continue to build on our strong customer relationships as we deliver their solutions on time and within scope.
- We’ll bridge the gap from Commercial to Product Teams, engineering specific revenue generating solutions such as customized report views, triggered emails, data digestion/reporting, and data ingestion/tables.
- We’ll move from a highly customized set of solutions towards a more clearly defined set of configurable solutions.
- We’ll create many simple, well-designed, effective solutions that have been thoroughly tested.
Who You Are
- You have a minimum of 2 years of professional software engineering experience.
- You have a strong passion for back-end, data-related development.
- You get your kicks from solving problems, delivering on-time, and innovating on reusable solutions.
- You maintain good engineering practices and encourage others to do the same.
- You have formal training in Ruby on Rails development.
- You have formal training in SQL and are proficient in manual scripting.
- You have worked in a smaller environment or in a consulting role, and know how to be resourceful in order to get things done.
- You have the ability to take complex problems and break them down into smaller, bite-sized issues.
- You strive for excellence. Being good enough isn’t good enough for you.
- You are a team player, you enjoy being around your peers, you are willing to wear multiple hats (e.g., developer and tester), and see the value of working in a pair programming environment.
- You earned a Bachelor’s degree in CS or completed a coding school program that had a focus in back-end engineering.
- You appreciate and align with our company values.
GoSpotCheck offers competitive salaries and full benefits. We want to work with intelligent and motivated people who share our common values. We go above and beyond to create an atmosphere that allows people to be themselves, grow professionally, and enjoy a laundry list of work perks! We are proud category winners of the 2016 Denver Business Journal’s - Best Places to Work, as well as the 2017 Denver Post’s - Top Workplaces and one of Outside Magazine’s 50 Best Places to Work in 2018.
GoSpotCheck is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.