GoSpotCheck is 150 of the best and brightest minds in Denver, who all share a common goal: Empower our customers to execute in the field faster, and ultimately, ‘win the ground game!’ GoSpotCheck provides mobile form and execution management software that enables team leaders to improve workforce operations. Organizations can assign tasks to their field teams, analyze real-time reporting data, and drive action to accomplish critical business goals and objectives. Our customers complete 650,000 tasks each day in over 70 countries and include market leaders like Pepsico, Beam Suntory, Panera Bread, Dannon, Under Armour and more.
At GoSpotCheck, we pride ourselves in being innovative, problem-solvers. Collectively, we are a group of dog-lovers, philanthropists, creative thinkers, goofballs, world travelers, and more. Our values include Go to Bed Smarter, Own It, and Do Great Work. We take pride in doing great work, and truly love coming in to the office every day.
What You’ll Do
- As a Backend Engineer, you’ll push the boundaries of the GoSpotCheck mobile products and platform, by building clean, scalable, and maintainable API’s. We are constantly exploring new use cases for our customers and prospective customers. You’ll build highly scalable products for the enterprise customer, and solve the complex engineering challenges that come along with that. You’ll collaborate with your Agile team to continue improving the product and customer experience!
What We’ll Achieve
- The robust and scalable API and back-end functionality you engineer will keep tens of thousands of field reps, who depend on our product to do their work, well connected with the folks back at HQ.
- We’ll continue to improve upon our microservices architecture, to increase speed, dependability and overall performance of our mobile applications.
- We’ll evaluate and implement the latest and greatest tech to achieve the best solutions for our business, leaning on your ability to quickly level-up and drive best practices!
- We’ll sing your praises for the quality code you write, and the valuable insights and mentorship you provide to the team.
- At the end of the day, we’ll improve the way business is done out in the field, thanks to your commitment to building quality product!
Who You Are
- You have 5+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- You have broad experience with several languages, frameworks and programming paradigms, and believe in using the technology and paradigms that produce the best results.
- While you have worked in various environments, your impact will be felt immediately if you have solid experience with Go/Golang, Google Cloud, Postgres, Kubernetes, Docker and Agile practices.
- You have experience with, or at least a strong fundamental understanding of, microservices and service-oriented architectures.
- You have deep expertise in gRPC APIs and/or RESTful API’s.
- You’re able to rapidly diagnose and troubleshoot real-world problems quickly and without a lot of context or support.
- You find motivation in being involved in planning, architecture and strategic planning.
- You believe in the benefits of test driven design.
- You have solid computer science fundamentals: data modeling, data structures, algorithms, design patterns and programming languages.
- You have a strong sense of empathy for the customer experience - reliability and quality are all extremely important to you.
- You are delivery oriented, and understand the tradeoffs between complete and perfect.
- When things break — and they will — you are eager, and able, to help fix things.
- You enjoy being around your peers, and see the value of strong collaboration processes.
- Part of your excitement about being a developer is the fact that you can learn new things everyday.
- While it’s certainly not a requirement for this role, bonus points for any UI experience!
- You (preferably) earned a Bachelor’s degree in CS.
- You appreciate and align with our company values.
GoSpotCheck offers competitive salaries and full benefits. We want to work with intelligent and motivated people who share our common values. We go above and beyond to create an atmosphere that allows people to be themselves, grow professionally, and enjoy a laundry list of work perks! We are proud category winners of the 2016 Denver Business Journal’s - Best Places to Work, as well as the 2017 Denver Post’s - Top Workplaces and one of Outside Magazine’s 50 Best Places to Work in 2018.
GoSpotCheck is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.