BI Engineer - Strategic Implementation
Sales and Marketing – Sales
GoSpotCheck is a team of 130+ of the best and brightest minds in Denver who all share a common goal: to reimagine how the mobile workforce works.
200+ enterprise brands in 70 countries across 6 continents power their mobile workforces with GoSpotCheck. Our software helps teams perfect merchandising, increase sales, reduce labor and expenses, ensure safety and quality, and improve profitability from the field. We do this with dynamic surveys, digital photo capture, machine learning, artificial intelligence, advanced analytics, IoT and data integrations, Bluetooth thermometer integrations, and automated issue resolution with flexible workflows. We power cloud-based mobile and desktop solutions and provide fast implementations to deliver quick time to value. We currently serve the retail, fast moving consumer goods/consumer goods, restaurant, beer-wine-spirits, facilities, commercial real estate, and healthcare industries and equip their operations and sales teams with elegant, easy-to-use tools to do their jobs efficiently in the field.
Our customers have completed an incredible 500,000,000 business-building missions using our tools, and include market leaders like PepsiCo, Beam Suntory, Panera Bread, Danone, Under Armour and more.
What You'll Do
- You will be a key part of our Strategic Implementation team, working to deliver high-value, custom reporting solutions for prospective and current Enterprise customers. You’ll put your expertise to work by creating data models, building out reporting dashboards that enable our prospective customers to make better decisions about their business, and save tons of internal analytics resource time during the Pre-Sales Trial process. You’ll work closely with our Implementation Managers to scope, anticipate, and deliver reporting solutions that wow our prospects in the pre-sales process, and make them wonder how they ever lived without GoSpotCheck!
What We'll Achieve
- We’ll creatively solve Business Intelligence problems for some of the largest organizations in the world, and deliver elegant reporting dashboards that enable field teams to make real-time decisions that drive their business forward and impact the bottom line.
- We’ll play an instrumental role in closing new business and expansion deals, and our hands will be sore from all the high fives we’re getting from our counterparts on the Enterprise Sales team!
- We’ll deliver high quality reporting dashboards for our largest customers, and set our Customer Success and Professional Services teams up for success once a prospect becomes a new customer.
- We’ll be called in to execute on the most high-profile customer/prospect projects, and will be viewed by our customers as subject matter experts in the BI/analytics space.
- At the end of the day, we’ll improve the way business is done out in the field, thanks to your commitment to building a quality product!
Who You Are
- You have 2+ years of experience implementing reporting solutions like business intelligence dashboards. Your previous experience with Looker, PostgreSQL or Snowflake is a plus.
- You have advanced SQL skills.
- You have strong business acumen, developed through previous education and/or work experience.
- You have solid knowledge of relational database concepts and management strategies.
- You have created and managed ETL flows using tools like Fivetran, Airflow, Talend, SSIS, Alteryx, or FME.
- You are great at context-switching, and enjoy working on a variety of different projects throughout the course of a week.
- You are comfortable in front of prospects and customers whether that is on an in-person or virtual sales call.
- You have great written and verbal communication skills and can explain difficult concepts to a non-technical audience both internally and externally.
- You are flexible and understand that project requirements may change over time. You have the ability to look ahead and anticipate requirements before they are formally requested.
- You are delivery-oriented, and understand the tradeoffs between "complete" and "perfect."
- You always value the team over individuals and can point to examples of successful collaborative cultures you have thrived in.
- You accept and act on constructive criticism, and recognize the value of knowing what you don’t know.
- You appreciate and align with our company values.
We are innovators: We believe in the power of human ingenuity and create technology to unleash it. We’re here to free mobile workers from the mundane and open up new worlds of possibility and prosperity, powered by the people.
We are leaders: We believe we’re only as successful as our customers. We’re here to help them reach their goals. We provide exceptional customer service, strategic recommendations, and personalized account management to ensure they’re successful.
We are problem-solvers: We believe business has a fundamental imperative to help solve the complex challenges facing our planet today. We built a company centered on helping them succeed so they can do just that.
GoSpotCheck offers competitive salaries and full benefits for full-time employees. We want to work with empathetic, smart, customer-obsessed, growth-minded, passionately curious professionals and “doers” who share our common values. We’re passionate about creating intuitive, beautiful, effective tools to power the mobile workforce around the world. We are honored to be BuiltIn Colorado's - #1 Midsize Company to Work For in Colorado 2019, category winner of the 2016 Denver Business Journal’s - Best Places to Work, 2017 Denver Post’s - Top Workplaces, and one of Outside Magazine’s 50 Best Places to Work in 2018. We take pride in doing great work, and truly love coming in to the office every day.
GoSpotCheck is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.