Full Stack Engineer
GoSpotCheck is a team of 130+ of the best and brightest minds in Denver who all share a common goal: to reimagine how the mobile workforce works.
200+ enterprise brands in 70 countries across 6 continents power their mobile workforces with GoSpotCheck. Our software helps teams perfect merchandising, increase sales, reduce labor and expenses, ensure safety and quality, and improve profitability from the field. We do this with dynamic surveys, digital photo capture, machine learning, artificial intelligence, advanced analytics, IoT and data integrations, Bluetooth thermometer integrations, and automated issue resolution with flexible workflows. We power cloud-based mobile and desktop solutions and provide fast implementations to deliver quick time to value. We currently serve the retail, fast moving consumer goods/consumer goods, restaurant, beer-wine-spirits, facilities, commercial real estate, and healthcare industries and equip their operations and sales teams with elegant, easy-to-use tools to do their jobs efficiently in the field.
Our customers have completed an incredible 500,000,000 business-building missions using our tools, and include market leaders like PepsiCo, Beam Suntory, Panera Bread, Danone, Under Armour and more.
What You'll Do
- As a Full Stack Engineer on an R&D team, Automate, you’ll play an integral part in creating the next generation of GoSpotCheck’s business automation platform. From building clean, scalable, and maintainable backend services to creating intuitive user interfaces, you’ll play a pivotal role in creating highly extensible products for the enterprise, and solve the complex engineering challenges that come along with that. You’ll collaborate with your Agile team to continue innovating the product and customer experience!
What We'll Achieve
- Your adaptability and big-picture thinking will help us evolve our platform to support our customers’ biggest challenge: organizational data & processes are constantly changing.
- We’ll evaluate and implement the latest and greatest technologies to achieve the best solutions for our business, leaning on your ability to quickly learn and drive best practices!
- The robust services you engineer will help our customers turn business goals into actionable workflows and reports.
- The interfaces you create will allow users to solve complex tasks in an intuitive manner.
- We’ll sing your praises for the quality code you write, and the valuable insights and mentorship you provide to the team.
- At the end of the day, we’ll improve the way business is done in the field, thanks to your commitment to building quality product!
Who You Are
- You have 3-5+ years of professional software engineering experience, with exposure to both frontend and backend development.
- You have broad experience with several languages, frameworks and programming paradigms, and believe in using the right technology for the problem at hand.
- While you have worked in various environments, your impact will be felt immediately if you have solid experience with Go (Gokit), Typescript (React and Node), Kafka or another eventing framework, SQL DB, Protobuf, and/or Docker.
- You are willing to jump on whatever problem is the team’s highest priority, including both the backend services and the frontend user interface.
- You have expertise in gRPC and/or RESTful API’s as well as the design, deployment, and monitoring of these API’s especially in a service-oriented architecture.
- You have experience with componentized frontend development and understand the benefits of reusable user interface components.
- Bonus points for experience with Cypress testing and CI pipelines!
- You’re able to rapidly diagnose and troubleshoot real-world problems quickly and without a lot of context or support.
- You find motivation in being involved in system design and architectural planning.
- You have solid computer science fundamentals including data modeling, data structures, algorithm performance, and design patterns.
- You have a strong sense of empathy for the customer experience - reliability and quality are all extremely important to you.
- You are delivery oriented, and understand the tradeoffs between complete and perfect.
- When things break — and they will — you are eager, and able, to help fix them.
- You enjoy being around your peers, and see the value of strong collaboration processes.
- Part of your excitement about being a developer is the fact that you can learn new things everyday!
- You (preferably) earned a Bachelor’s degree in CS.
- You appreciate and align with our company values.
We are innovators: We believe in the power of human ingenuity and create technology to unleash it. We’re here to free mobile workers from the mundane and open up new worlds of possibility and prosperity, powered by the people.
We are leaders: We believe we’re only as successful as our customers. We’re here to help them reach their goals. We provide exceptional customer service, strategic recommendations, and personalized account management to ensure they’re successful.
We are problem-solvers: We believe business has a fundamental imperative to help solve the complex challenges facing our planet today. We built a company centered on helping them succeed so they can do just that.
GoSpotCheck offers competitive salaries and full benefits for full-time employees. We want to work with empathetic, smart, customer-obsessed, growth-minded, passionately curious professionals and “doers” who share our common values. We’re passionate about creating intuitive, beautiful, effective tools to power the mobile workforce around the world. We are honored to be BuiltIn Colorado's - #1 Midsize Company to Work For in Colorado 2019, category winner of the 2016 Denver Business Journal’s - Best Places to Work, 2017 Denver Post’s - Top Workplaces, and one of Outside Magazine’s 50 Best Places to Work in 2018. We take pride in doing great work, and truly love coming in to the office every day.
GoSpotCheck is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.