Denver or Remote (Anywhere in US) /
Product and Engineering – Professional Services /
GoSpotCheck is a team of 100+ of the best and brightest minds in Denver and beyond who all share a common goal: to reimagine how the mobile workforce works.
200+ enterprise brands in 70 countries across 6 continents power their mobile workforces with GoSpotCheck. Our software helps teams perfect merchandising, increase sales, reduce labor and expenses, ensure safety and quality, and improve profitability from the field. We do this with dynamic surveys, digital photo capture, machine learning, artificial intelligence, advanced analytics, IoT and data integrations, Bluetooth thermometer integrations, and automated issue resolution with flexible workflows. We power cloud-based mobile and desktop solutions and provide fast implementations to deliver quick time to value. We currently serve the retail, fast moving consumer goods/consumer goods, restaurant, beer-wine-spirits, facilities, commercial real estate, and healthcare industries and equip their operations and sales teams with elegant, easy-to-use tools to do their jobs efficiently in the field.
Our customers have completed an incredible 500,000,000 business-building missions using our tools, and include market leaders like PepsiCo, Beam Suntory, Panera Bread, Danone, Under Armour and more.
What You'll Do
- GoSpotCheck has a very powerful out-of-the-box product, but as a Backend Engineer on our Professional Services team, you’ll build customized solutions for some of our biggest customers. You’ll collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders, leveraging your domain expertise to create seamless integrations and valuable deliverables.
What We'll Achieve
- Our customers will pull and push complex data from the GoSpotCheck platform with ease, thanks to your solid engineering efforts.
- The automated processes you create for our stakeholders, both internal teams and external customers will save them countless hours they used to spend aggregating their data.
- Our customers will gain robust, accurate, and timely reporting capabilities to help them better understand their operations and take action.
- We’ll continue to build on our strong customer relationships as we deliver their solutions on time and within scope.
- We’ll bridge the gap from Commercial to Product Teams, engineering-specific revenue-generating solutions such as customized report views, triggered emails, data digestion/reporting, and data ingestion/tables.
- We’ll move from a highly customized set of solutions towards a more clearly defined set of configurable solutions.
Who You Are
- You have at least 1-2 years' experience working on a data-driven, Ruby on Rails stack, preferably on a data-focused SaaS product.
- You have advanced on-the-job experience in Ruby on Rails development, and bonus points if you’ve worked with Go/Golang.
- Preferably, you have worked with PostgreSQL for data manipulation and Kafka or a similar eventing system.
- You get your kicks from solving problems, delivering on-time, and innovating on reusable solutions.
- You maintain good engineering practices and encourage others to do the same.
- You can take complex problems and break them down into smaller, bite-sized issues.
- You strive for excellence. Being good enough isn’t good enough for you!
- You have worked in a fast-paced team environment or in a consulting role, and know how to be resourceful to get things done.
- You are a team player, you enjoy being around your peers, you are willing to wear multiple hats (e.g., developer and tester), and see the value of working in a pair programming environment.
- Preferably, you earned a Bachelor’s degree in CS or completed a coding school program that had a focus on back-end engineering.
- You appreciate and align with our company values.
We are innovators: We believe in the power of human ingenuity and create technology to unleash it. We’re here to free mobile workers from the mundane and open up new worlds of possibility and prosperity, powered by the people.
We are leaders: We believe we’re only as successful as our customers. We’re here to help them reach their goals. We provide exceptional customer service, strategic recommendations, and personalized account management to ensure they’re successful.
We are problem-solvers: We believe business has a fundamental imperative to help solve the complex challenges facing our planet today. We built a company centered on helping them succeed so they can do just that.
We are flexible: We believe in a "Work Your Way" Employment Policy. Employees who are able to effectively perform their job functions remotely may do so indefinitely. We are headquartered in Denver, CO, and always plan to have a physical office space so employees can work remotely, in-office, or a hybrid of both.
GoSpotCheck offers competitive salaries and full benefits for full-time employees. We want to work with empathetic, smart, customer-obsessed, growth-minded, passionately curious professionals and “doers” who share our common values. We’re passionate about creating intuitive, beautiful, effective tools to power the mobile workforce around the world. We are honored to be BuiltIn Colorado's - #1 Midsize Company to Work For in Colorado 2019, category winner of the 2016 Denver Business Journal’s - Best Places to Work, 2017 Denver Post’s - Top Workplaces, and one of Outside Magazine’s 50 Best Places to Work in 2018. We take pride in doing great work, and truly love coming in to the office every day.
GoSpotCheck is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.