Mobile Engineer - Android
GoSpotCheck is 150 of the best and brightest minds in Denver, who all share a common goal: Empower our customers to execute in the field faster, and ultimately, ‘win the ground game!’ GoSpotCheck provides mobile form and execution management software that enables team leaders to improve workforce operations. Organizations can assign tasks to their field teams, analyze real-time reporting data, and drive action to accomplish critical business goals and objectives. Our customers complete 650,000 tasks each day in over 70 countries and include market leaders like Pepsico, Beam Suntory, Panera Bread, Dannon, Under Armour and more.
At GoSpotCheck, we pride ourselves in being innovative, problem-solvers. Collectively, we are a group of dog-lovers, philanthropists, creative thinkers, goofballs, world travelers, and more. Our values include Go to Bed Smarter, Own It, and Do Great Work. We take pride in doing great work, and truly love coming in to the office every day.
What You’ll Do
- As an Android Engineer on our Rep Services team, you will continue to pave the way in engineering the best tool on the market for the desk-less worker. Your work will impact the largest segment of our user-base, as you improve and innovate upon our robust mobile data collection platform.
What We’ll Achieve
- Field reps will continue to love the GoSpotCheck application for all it does to save them time during and after their site visits by delivering new products for them to use.
- The new fully-fledged features you build will not only help our current customers, but also open the door to new use cases that will keep GoSpotCheck’s business growing!
- Our Support team will rest assured that when a bug is validated and reported, that you’ll get it resolved.
- The Rep Services team will all become better engineers thanks to your mentorship and collaborative approach.
- The QA team will have way too much time on their hands, thanks to the test driven development practices you adhere to.
Who You Are
- You have a strong sense of empathy for the customer experience - efficiency, reliability, accuracy, and timeliness are all extremely important to you.
- You have 2+ years of experience in Android development and the end-to-end skillset to take a mobile application from “File/New” in Android Studio to the Google Play Store.
- You know what the latest and greatest Android SDKs can do and have the Java/Kotlin knowledge and experience to execute what you envision.
- You’re a diligent programmer and write understandable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- You understand there are always trade-offs in engineering and you know how to communicate those trade-offs.
- You can jump into situations and make things better without a lot of handholding.
- When things break — and they will — you’re eager, and able, to help fix things even if it’s not your preferred terrain.
- You get your kicks from solving problems, delivering on-time, and being encouraged to innovate.
- Bonus points for building offline-first mobile apps.
- Bonus points if you are well-versed in Restful API’s.
- Additional bonus points if you have relevant experience with other parts of our stack - iOS, Ruby on Rails, Postgres and SQL.
- You have worked in a smaller environment, or in a consulting role, and know how to be resourceful in order to get things done.
- You don’t come totally unglued when a PM asks you to stop what you are doing to work on something else.
- Your ability to prioritize allows you to handle any amount of work that comes your way.
- You enjoy being around your peers and see the value of working in a pair programming environment.
- You have an open mind to using the technology that will produce the best results.
- You (preferably) earned a Bachelor’s degree in CS.
- You appreciate and align with our company values.
GoSpotCheck offers competitive salaries and full benefits. We want to work with intelligent and motivated people who share our common values. We go above and beyond to create an atmosphere that allows people to be themselves, grow professionally, and enjoy a laundry list of work perks! We are proud category winners of the 2016 Denver Business Journal’s - Best Places to Work, the 2017 Denver Post’s - Top Workplaces, one of Outside Magazine’s 50 Best Places to Work in 2018, and BuiltIn Colorado's - #1 Midsize Company to Work For in Colorado, 2019.
GoSpotCheck is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.