San Francisco /
Biz Ops /
Swiftly is a mission-driven company and a big data platform for transportation. The platform weaves data analytics, intuitive visualizations, and real-time predictive technologies into applications that drive smarter decisions for public transit agencies. Today, over 8,000 transit professionals in over 100 cities across the globe use Swiftly to improve transportation for over 2 billion passenger trips per year.
About the Role
Swiftly is looking for an individual with the vision and drive to build and own an Enablement program from the ground up across our organization. This includes defining both the strategy and roadmap to grow our Enablement function and doing the hands-on work to develop elements of the program, deliver content and training, and work with each department to evaluate and improve on every enablement activity or training. #LI-remote
Enablement is a critical support function to our frontline teams (Customer Success and Sales), responsible for ensuring they are well equipped to deliver on the company’s go to market strategy. This role will be accountable for the effectiveness and quality (evaluated both qualitatively and quantitatively) of all enablement activities and will be focused around the coordination, strategy, and project management of enablement. While the Enablement Manager will partner closely with individual managers to understand the needs of their teams, 1:1 coaching and evaluation remain the primary responsibility of individual managers.
Your mission is to ensure that enablement is a consideration across our organization, working with every department to understand how to effectively transfer knowledge to our frontline teams and equip them for success. This is a highly cross-functional role, giving you the opportunity to collaborate with sales, marketing, product management, product, accounting, and customer success to develop a systematic approach that equips all frontline staff to be successful in every interaction with prospects and clients.
We are looking for someone who is business-focused, sales-minded, collaborative, entrepreneurial, and will thrive in our fast-paced team. This is a role for someone eager to own the creation of a program from initial discovery/scoping through to successful execution and reflection.
What you’ll do
* Be the individual responsible for enablement strategy and activities across the go to market organization, working with stakeholders in (nearly) all departments to define priorities for enablement to support business objectives.
* Understand Swiftly’s strategic plan to grow markets, revenue, and new customers and the corresponding skills, knowledge, abilities that front line roles need to be successful.
* Own the development and execution of enablement strategy in concert with overall company strategies.
* Develop and manage the enablement roadmap.
* Source and engage best in class training and content partners.
* Build relationships across the business and partner closely with Sales, Marketing, Product, Product Marketing, and Customer Success to understand strategic business goals and core competencies for each role, ensuring that appropriate learning solutions are designed and implemented.
* Serve as a crucial layer in our go-to-market process to ensure that new products and initiatives are effectively rolled out to frontline teams within the Sales and CS organizations.
* Own the development, maintenance, and organization of Swiftly enablement resources. This will entail working with frontline teams to understand their needs (such as AEs or Renewals) and then partnering with relevant SMEs in the business (such as product marketing or procurement) to develop materials. While SMEs will be available to provide expertise and content, the Manager is ultimately responsible for final materials, training, and outcomes, and may at times need to provide and own such materials themselves.
* You will own creating content that is applicable to whole teams or groups (1:many). Examples include:
- Content repository of assets in conjunction with Product Marketing to ensure a centralized repository of materials that meets the needs of the sales and CS organization
- Templates for day-in-the-life demo scripts, whiteboards, and pitch decks that make it easier for sales teams to explain the portfolio of products
- Playbooks that translate messaging into actionable tools, templates, and conversation guides focused on specific buying centers and personas
* Develop a strategy to drive tech stack adoption in partnership with Sales Management and Operations.
* Work with Business Operations to ensure alignment between sales operations tools and larger organizational operations.
* Partner with frontline teams and sales management to uncover business needs, design training programs to address those needs, and track the success of those programs on a regular basis to constantly improve those programs.
* Define and monitor success metrics and KPI’s to measure the impact of our enablement programsHelp organize Sales meetings and events (offsites, meetups, etc as appropriate)
* Sales Onboarding
- You have a solid understanding of B2B/B2Govt SaaS sales, business, and go-to-market strategies with the ability to develop structured plans, actions, and metrics for sales tools and enablement that can be measured during execution.
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- You have a deep understanding of what skills,practices , and training are needed for successful enterprise or public sector sales.
- You are highly motivated and can drive projects with minimal guidance.
- You are a strong communicator and relationship builder.
- You have exceptional organizational skills and can manage competing projects with tight deadlines effectively.
- You have a demonstrated track record of successful cross-departmental collaboration and project delivery.
- You are an exceptional team player with a proven ability to lead through influence – people naturally look to you as a coach.
- You are proficient in CRM (Salesforce), google docs, and document design and editing tools.
- You are proficient in CMS (Highspot) and sales operations tools (Chorus, Outreach.io) or similar tools.
- Knowledge of the sales tech stack, systems, and methodologies (specifically, MEDDPICC) for improved adoption and utilization, particularly for enterprise or public sector sales.
- You’ve had a minimum 4+ years in a sales, sales operations, and/or sales enablement role, preferably within an early stage, high growth B2B SaaS organization
- Public Sector experience preferred but not required
- You have a successful track record and experience developing sales tools and enablement plans
- You have experience implementing successful enablement initiatives such as playbooks and training programs.
- You have experience working in an all-remote environment and connecting with diverse colleagues.
We want you if....
- You care deeply about the impact of your work and the larger impact of the team you support. Belief in our mission is fundamental to our sales team culture and process.
- You are highly empathetic, for our customers in the public sector and our team. The Swiftly teams are a mix of people with diverse backgrounds in the private and public sector, and you are able to empathize and connect with all of them to help them achieve their goals.
- You are motivated by a desire to see every team member grow and succeed. Your work is informed directly by feedback from your users (in this case, the frontline teams) and you are dedicated to hearing from them, iterating on your approach, and developing tools and processes that support their successful outcomes together.
Beyond the Skills:
- We are looking for candidates who are passionate about mobility, sustainability, or mission-oriented projects that have a significant real-world impact. Ideal candidates encompass the core values of our company:
- Team. You’re a team player that believes in working with others to accomplish big goals.
- Communication. You believe openness and honesty underpin effective communication.
- Feedback. You’re a voracious learner. You seek and give constructive feedback to improve your practice.
- Growth. You are passionate about our work of growing the smart transit industry.
- Diversity. You cherish other perspectives and opinions.
- Impact. You regularly evaluate the return on investment to optimize for positive impact.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
As a tight-knit company where we have the utmost concern and care for our team members, Swiftly has adopted a mandatory COVID vaccination policy.
This policy will comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities.
We will not require any candidates to be vaccinated in order to interview for our open positions, but all new hires at Swiftly will be required to share a copy of their vaccination certification or present documentation to request an exemption.
In compliance with the EEOC, any team member in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief must provide Swiftly People Ops with appropriate documentation. For a medical exemption, we require a doctor’s note, and for a religious exemption, we require a note from the team member outlining the request.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options for every employee
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401k with Employer Match
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Home office setup reimbursement
- Monthly cell/internet reimbursement
- Monthly Education Reimbursement
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible work environment
- 17 paid holidays - including 4 holidays in months without US national holidays in 2021
- 8 fully paid weeks of leave for child birth/adoption
We are a truly mission-driven culture that is set to change the world of transit
Don’t just hit the apply button. We want to hear more about you. Tell us:
- Why are you passionate about mobility?
- What interests you about Swiftly?
We are an equal opportunity employer - we are committed to a workplace that is as dynamic, diverse, and passionate as the communities we serve.
Because we work with public agencies, we participate in E-Verify.