Junior Software Developer
Arlington, VA /
Engineering – Junior Software Developer /
This is not a remote work position. Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, our office is closed until further notice. GoTab employees are currently working remotely but will be required to resume in-office attendance at our Arlington, VA headquarters once it is safe to do so.
Laid-back, fun, and casual office environment
Ballston location with easy metro access
Unlimited vacation policy
Free gym access - (On Hold COVID)
Join the ground floor of a rapidly growing startup with endless potential
About GoTab, Inc.
GoTab, Inc., the contactless order and payment platform, helps large & mid-sized restaurants, hotels, bars, breweries and other venues optimize their front-of-house service models using low-cost, agile technology. Patrons scan a QR code directly from their cell phones, order items via online menus, and pay securely, all without downloading an application or interacting with a server. Founded in 2016 and based in Arlington, Virginia, GoTab serves hundreds of national, regional and local full-service accounts in almost 30 U.S. states.
- As a Developer at GoTab, you will be responsible for collaborating closely with a product owner and other developers (local and remote) to define the product direction informed by the state of the art in mobile web technology. You will have significant freedom in exercising design judgment to build user interfaces and the underlying server-side code that powers the experience. We work in rapid release cycles and rely on continuous integration and sophisticated DevOps processes to deploy code with maximum efficiency. You must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, startup environment to be successful.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- 2 to 4 years of experience coding
- A strong desire to experiment, learn and grow
- Excellent communication and remote collaboration skills
- Working knowledge of SQL, relational databases and data modeling
- HTML5, CSS3 and Bootstrap
- Experience with Marko templating
- Familiarity with any flavor of Linux
GoTab is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, genetic information, marital/familial status, disability, military status, veteran status, or any other protected status. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, where employees are treated with respect and dignity.