Product Engineering Manager
Highly competitive compensation. Come join as the Product Engineering Manager in one of Silicon Valley’s most innovative edTech companies, developing the world’s first on-demand AI based expert managed marketplace for millions of learners in the english speaking world and experts in over 100+ countries. Investors include those who backed SpaceX and Discord.
Got It Inc. is looking for an outstanding Technology Leader to join our talented team of U.S. based leaders and Silicon Valley level software engineers, product managers, and test engineers in Vietnam and around the world. You’ll work directly with the founder and a world class team of technology industry veterans to build the next generation of the Got It platform, handling a massive number of real time learning sessions between askers and experts in multiple subjects.
In addition, you’ll help implement advanced AI/ML technologies to enhance the platform into a smart, efficient, and highly personalized learning delivery system. You’ll also ensure the platform architecture is elegantly designed to scale and integrate with other massive scale platforms in the education space.
The Core Job
- Work closely with our team of Technical Product Managers, Engineers, and other stakeholders to translate business objectives into detailed product plans and oversee the entire software development process.
- Regularly participate in design and code reviews, and provide feedback to individuals and teams in order to continuously improve the quality of our products and technology.
- Enhance a strong culture of software engineering best practices by continuously improving processes and tools to ensure product & engineering deliverables are delivered at a consistently high standard.
- Stay up to date with the latest relevant technologies and bring an informed opinion on the advantages of varying technical approaches.
- Foster growing Vietnam-based and Remote engineering teams, including hiring, training, and retaining top talent.
- Act as a trusted technical leader as well as a thoughtful people manager.
You Must Have
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, IT, or a related field.
- Good verbal and written English proficiency.
- Previous Product-focused Startup experience.
- At least 3 years experience working in a similar position.
- Ability to work both as a team leader and as an individual contributor, including occasionally writing and reviewing code.
- Ability to travel to Hanoi, Vietnam, as needed if working remotely.
- Strong technical knowledge of large-scale software development, design, and architecture.
- Impressive problem-solving, leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills with an ability to work in a metrics-based, fast-paced, and dynamic team environment.
- Experience delivering large-scale mobile and/or cloud apps.
- Understanding Vietnamese.
- Experience managing a team of 20+ engineers & experience working with distributed development teams.
- Experience in backend/frontend development in Python, ReactJS, & React Native.
Why You'll Love Working Here
- 21+ paid leave days per year.
- Amazing team: Work with the smartest and most hard-working people you’ve ever met. Our team is from Google, Facebook, Lyft, Apple, Oracle, GREE, and other best companies in Vietnam.
- Competitive compensation package: Attractive salary and stock options. There is no upper limit on how much you can earn. It’s all based on your performance and contributions
- Best working environment: Coffee shop-like open office space, kitchen full of snacks and drinks, West lake view bar, video games, 3D TV, soccer table, etc.
- Latest gadgets for work: MacBook Pro, external HD displays.
- Training and personal development: Tuition and textbook reimbursement for approved work-related courses. Free video training programs from Lynda.com, Udacity, Udemy, and The Great Courses Plus. Free English classes of your choice. Company library with the newest technology and business books.
- Flexible working hours
- Gyms, fitness, and sports: Gym memberships, soccer, or extra dollars in your pocket to spend on your own fitness, swimming, or dancing.
- Free daily lunches and dinners.
- Others: Office happy hours, monthly team outings, participating in self-organized clubs like sports, games, algorithms, piano, etc.