Backend Engineer (Fresh/Junior)
You’ve just graduated or you are going to graduate soon and you are looking for a great career path at a real product company? Got It has a special program for new graduates that you may be interested in!
We are a Silicon Valley-based venture-backed tech startup with an engineering team in Hanoi, Vietnam. Got It’s mission is to help users 10x productivity via Expert Intelligence and Artificial Intelligence.
Not just helping our users to be more productive, we are helping new graduates like you to 10x your knowledge and skills through intensive training and mentoring programs run by seasoned software engineers, product managers, and executives.
Have little to no experience?
Don't worry! We’ll invest in you to help you grow! A two-month training program is customized based on your current level. Got It’s training program covers computer science foundation knowledge to proven best practices that are used by our engineering team to build world-class products.
Ready for a global working environment?
Our team members are from diverse backgrounds. The team is genuinely cross-cultural, and many of them are world-class experts who shaped the technology landscape. You will be working with Americans, Indians, Chinese... and global alumni from the States, England, France, Finland, Sweden, Italy, and Vietnam!
You will work with the best software engineers from both Vietnam and Silicon Valley to build the next generation of Got It platform that will handle a massive number of sessions between askers and experts in multiple verticals. In addition, you will help implement and integrate advanced machine learning algorithms and technologies to make the platform smart, efficient, and highly personalized. Also, you will help make sure that the platform is not only scalable but also meet the high-quality bar to be deeply integrated with other huge platforms like Slack, Microsoft Office 365, Zoom, Microsoft Team, ORACLE, etc.
More information about our engineering team in Vietnam: https://vn.got-it.ai.
* This is a full-time, on-site position in Hanoi.
The Core Job
- Design and develop the frontend/backend for products across different platforms like mobile and web.
- Work closely with the product design team to iterate quickly on new features and experiments.
- Participate in design discussions, code reviews, and group brainstorming sessions.
- Deliver high-quality code following best practices for better performance, user experience, and reusability.
- Troubleshoot existing codebases, hunt down nasty bugs and refactor code.
You Must Have
- Recent graduates or last-year students in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or related fields.
- Solid knowledge in core Computer Science topics: Data Structures and Algorithms, Object-Oriented Programming, Design Patterns, Databases, Networking, and Operating Systems.
- Desire to learn and extend the roles within the engineering team whatever it is, like backend engineer, frontend engineer, full-stack engineer, analytics engineer, growth engineer, test automation engineer, DevOps engineer, technical product manager...
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team.
- Good command of English (Listening and Reading).
- Experience working with Python.
- Experience working with databases like MySQL, MongoDB, and Redis.
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful web services.
- Intellectually curious.
- TOEIC 600+ or equivalent.
Why You'll Love Working Here
- 21+ paid leave days per year.
- Amazing team: Work with the smartest and most hard-working people you’ve ever met. Our team is from Google, Facebook, Lyft, Apple, Oracle, GREE, and other best companies in Vietnam.
- Competitive compensation package: Attractive salary. There is no upper limit on how much you can earn. It’s all based on your performance and contributions.
- Best working environment: Coffee shop-like open office space, kitchen full of snacks and drinks, West lake view bar, video games, 3D TV, soccer table, etc.
- Latest gadgets for work: MacBook Pro, external HD displays.
- Training and personal development: Tuition and textbook reimbursement for approved work-related courses. Free video training programs from Lynda.com, Udacity, Udemy, and The Great Courses Plus. Free English classes of your choice. Company library with the newest technology and business books.
- Flexible working hours.
- Gyms, fitness, and sports: Gym memberships, soccer, or extra dollars in your pocket to spend on your own fitness, swimming, or dancing.
- Free daily lunches and dinners
- Others: Office happy hours, team outings, participating in self-organized clubs like sports, games, algorithms, piano, etc.