Backend Engineer (Middle/Senior)
Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City /
Do you want to join a Silicon Valley-based hot startup to develop the world’s first Knowledge as a Service platform used by millions of users around the globe?
We are looking for excellent Backend Engineers to join our talented team of software engineers, research engineers, product managers, and QA in Hanoi. You will work with the best software engineers from both Vietnam and Silicon Valley to build the next generation of Got It backend that will handle a massive number of sessions between askers and experts in multiple verticals.
In addition, you will help implement and integrate advanced machine learning algorithms and technologies to make the platform smart, efficient, and highly personalized. Also, you will help make sure that the platform is not only scalable but also meet the high-quality bar to be deeply integrated with other huge platforms like Slack, Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Team, ORACLE, etc.
* This is a full-time, on-site position in Hanoi or HCMC.
The Core Job
- Implement algorithms handling a large volume of real-time data. Proactively research solutions to problems.
- Design and develop REST APIs to support various types of clients: mobile, web, messaging platforms, and SDK for 3rd party clients.
- Architect and build robust, scalable, highly available, reliable, and secure backend systems.
- Work closely with the client teams and product design team to iterate quickly on new features and experiments.
- Participate in design discussions, code reviews, and group brainstorming sessions.
- Deliver high-quality code following best practices for better performance, user experience, and reusability.
- Troubleshoot existing codebases, hunt down nasty bugs and refactor code.
- Perform benchmarking, performance, and security analysis.
- Help turn R&D results into production-ready services.
- Lead and manage a team (2-4 engineers).
- Interview candidates, involve in hiring decisions.
- Mentor and train junior software engineers.
- 2++ years of experience programming with Python.
- Experience working on MySQL, and Nginx.
- Be able to write clean, performance-centric, reusable, and understandable code with unit tests.
- Experience designing and developing RESTful web services for mobile apps.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team.
- Self-starter, capable of leading and owning a large aspect of the product.
- BS or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, or technical related fields.
- Knowledge of caching, and message queue.
- Experience in designing and developing scalable backend components.
- Experience working on large-scale and high-traffic systems.
- Knowledge of React, AngularJS, or mobile development.
- Desire to learn and extend the roles within the engineering team whatever it is, like analytics, automated tests, business development, product management, DevOps...
Why You'll Love Working Here
- 21+ paid leave days per year.
- Amazing team: Work with the smartest and most hard-working people you’ve ever met. Our team is from Google, Facebook, Lyft, Apple, Oracle, GREE, and other best companies in Vietnam.
- Competitive compensation package: Attractive salary. There is no upper limit on how much you can earn. It’s all based on your performance and contributions
- Best working environment: Coffee shop-like open office space, kitchen full of snacks and drinks, West lake view bar, video games, 3D TV, soccer table, etc.
- Latest gadgets for work: MacBook Pro, external HD displays.
- Training and personal development: Tuition and textbook reimbursement for approved work-related courses. Free video training programs from Lynda.com, Udacity, Udemy, and The Great Courses Plus. Free English classes of your choice. Company library with the newest technology and business books.
- Flexible working hours
- Gyms, fitness, and sports: Gym memberships, soccer, or extra dollars in your pocket to spend on your own fitness, swimming, or dancing.
- Free daily lunches and dinners.
- Others: Office happy hours, monthly team outings, participating in self-organized clubs like sports, games, algorithms, piano, etc.