Backend Engineer (Python, NodeJS)
Do you want to join a Silicon Valley based hot startup to develop the world’s first Knowledge as a Service platform using by millions of users around the globe? We are looking for excellent Backend Engineers to join our talented team of software engineers, research engineers, product managers, and QA in Hanoi. You will work with the best software engineers from both Vietnam and Silicon Valley to build the next generation of Got It backend that will handle a massive number of sessions between askers and experts in multiple verticals. In addition, you will help implement and integrate advanced machine learning algorithms and technologies to make the platform smart, efficient, and highly personalized. Also you will help make sure that platform not only scalable but also meet high quality bar to be deeply integrated with other huge platforms like Slack, Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Team, ORACLE, etc.
The Core Job
- Implement algorithms handling a large volume of real time data. Proactively research for solutions to problems.
- Design and develop REST APIs to support various type of clients: mobile, web, messaging platforms, SDK for 3rd party clients
- Architect and build robust, scalable, highly available, reliable, and secure backend systems
- Work closely with the client teams and product design team to iterate quickly on new features and experiments
- Participate in design discussions, code reviews, and group brainstorming sessions
- Deliver high quality code following best practices for better performance, user experience, and reusability
- Troubleshoot existing code bases, hunt down nasty bugs and refactor code
- Perform benchmarking, performance and security analysis
- Help turn R&D results into production ready services
- 1+ years of experience in software engineering
- Experience working on Python or NodeJS
- Experience working on MySQL, Nginx
- Knowledge of caching, message queue
- Knowledge of client server communication protocols (REST, HTTP, JSON)
- Object oriented development
- Be able to write clean, performance-centric, reusable, and understandable code with unit tests
- Experience designing and developing RESTful web services for mobile apps
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team
- Self-starter, capable of leading and owning a large aspect of the product
- BS or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics or technical related fields
- Experience in designing and developing scalable backend components
- Experience working on large scale and high traffic systems
- Experience building asynchronous Single Page Applications
- Experience working with Ads networks or social networking platforms
- Knowledge of React, AngularJS
- For C++ developer: experience working on event-based, multithread, gcc in Linux environment
- Desire to learn and extend the roles within engineering team whatever it is, like analytics, automated test, business development, product management, devops,...
- Intellectually curious
Why You'll Love Working Here
- Amazing team: Work with smartest and most hard working people you’ve ever met. Our team is from Google, Facebook, Lyft, Apple, Oracle, GREE, and other best companies in Vietnam.
- Competitive compensation package: Great salary, bonuses, and stock options. There is no upper limit on how much you can earn. It’s all based on your performance and contributions
- Best working environment: Coffee shop like open office space, kitchen with full of snacks and drinks, West lake view bar, video games, 3D TV, soccer table, etc.
- Latest gadgets for work: MacBook Pro Retina 15”, external HD display, latest smartphones and tablets.
- Training and personal development: Tuition and textbook reimbursement for approved work-related courses. Free video training programs from Lynda.com, Udacity, Udemy, and The Great Courses Plus. Free English classes of your choice. Company library with full of newest technology and business books.
- Flexible working hours
- Gyms, fitness and sports: Full-service gym memberships, soccer or extra dollars in your pocket to spend on your own fitness, swimming, dancing
- Frequent trips to the Silicon Valley
- Free daily lunches and dinners
- Others: Office happy hours, weekly lunch out, monthly team outing, participating in self-organized clubs like sports, games, algorithms, piano, etc.