Senior Test Automation Engineer
Cambridge, MA or Remote /
Product & Technology /
uConnect is on a mission to help more people realize their potential by improving access to career resources and services - early in their lives and throughout their careers. Initially focused on the post-secondary higher education market, uConnect's All-In-One Virtual Career Center is used by schools like UCLA, MIT, and Baton Rouge Community College to radically increase student and alumni engagement with career services, and integrate career planning into the student experience, before, during and after college.
We're a mission-driven team that has created a working environment that is fun and collaborative and puts people first. We have a physical office in Cambridge, MA but operate as a remote-first organization, encouraging mobility for all employees, and to work from their chosen environment. uConnect is backed by leading education technology investors including Strada Education and LearnLaunch.
We are looking for a Senior SDET to design, create, and execute software test plan and test cases, test methodologies, and test automation. This is a highly collaborative role in which you will work daily with engineers and product management on a variety of projects. The ideal candidate has experience working in a remote startup environment and is confident in helping to define and build out QA processes.
What you'll do:
- Create test plans and test cases for complex web systems
- Own processes to develop the Cypress pipeline, working with the Director
- Test case management (tracking, documentation, etc.)
- Collaborate directly with engineers and product managers
- Prioritize work to align with product goals and key engineering work
- Help the team understand and follow QA best practices
- Assist support and engineering teams with defect reproduction
- Document and track defects by product
- Perform regression testing against UIs, APIs, and databases
- Develop and execute testing processes for new and existing products
- Develop and execute E2E (end-to-end) test automation
- Test product changes using both localhost and sandbox environments
The ideal candidates background includes:
- Experience writing test plans, test cases, and bug reports
- Debugging and troubleshooting complex web applications
- Functional and comprehensive testing strategies
- API testing, including at least one manual tool (like Postman)
- E2E testing, including at least one automation tool (like Cypress)
- Relational database testing (like MySQL)
- Managing tests with a test case management tool (like TestRails)
- Collaborative testing with an engineering team (like an Agile process)
- Heavy collaboration with the development team
- Experience testing WordPress (potentially including Gutenberg)
- Experience with PHP or React
- Security testing (like audits, pen tests, or bounty programs)
- Building QA practices from a rudimentary state into a robust process
- CI/CD pipeline development
What you'll get
- Great pay: $130K to $150K base
- Uncapped PTO (with 15 day minimum usage)
- Remote work and flexible schedule
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (100% coverage for employee!)
- Company holidays including the week between Christmas and New Years
- $100 monthly benefit towards Employee Health and Wellness
- Professional Development & Mentorship Program
- Education reimbursement of up to $2,000 yearly
- 401k Retirement Plan with 3% match
- Paid parental leave
- Working in an organization that values merit over seniority, title, or past experiences. We seek to always have the best ideas win, and for performance to always be recognized.
- Broad exposure to a quickly-growing start-up and lots of opportunities to have an outsized impact on our work.
- Being able to work with an amazing team that's highly collaborative and is constantly pushing each other to grow personally and professionally.
What else should you know?
We are a highly driven team, motivated by pushing each other to grow personally and professionally. We've created a working environment that is fun and collaborative and puts people first. We have a physical office in Cambridge, MA, but operate as a remote-first organization, encouraging all employees' mobility and working from their chosen environment. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
Interested but not sure you're the right fit?
If this sounds like a company you would like to join, but it may not be the right role, please don't hold back from reaching out. Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you're coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. Just use the subject line: "General Interest."
Equal Opportunity Employer
uConnect is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
uConnect participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please contact our Head of Talent, Michele Olivier via email@example.com or 737-222-9632.