Senior UX Designer
Cambridge, MA or Remote /
Product & Technology /
uConnect is on a mission to help more people realize their potential by improving access to career resources and services - early in their lives and throughout their careers. Initially focused on the post-secondary higher education market, uConnect's All-In-One Virtual Career Center is used by schools like UCLA, MIT, and Baton Rouge Community College to radically increase student and alumni engagement with career services, and integrate career planning into the student experience, before, during and after college.
We are committed to lowering barriers to opportunity for students and recent graduates from all backgrounds. Our customers are some of the most dedicated and capable career services professionals in the world and our software helps them be even more successful in their mission of helping students.
We have created a working environment that is fun and collaborative and puts people first. We have a physical office in Cambridge, MA but operate as a remote-first organization, encouraging mobility for all employees, and to work from their chosen environment. uConnect is backed by leading education technology investors including Growth Street Partners, Strada Education and LearnLaunch.
We're looking for a Senior Product Designer to help lead and create impactful experiences across the uConnect product — designed to enable modern career services professionals at hundreds of colleges and universities. We believe that good design will play an essential role to drive product-led growth.
Successful candidates will be passionate about their work and comfortable working in a remote-first startup environment.
- Translate Product requirements into intuitive user experiences
- Gather feedback employing both live/synchronous and asynchronous engagement methodologies and test prototypes, understanding customer challenges to improve and iterate the product
- Distill research into UX artifacts (e.g. personas, flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes) to guide product and design decisions
- Ability to clearly articulate Design decisions, along with sound rationale to support them
- Push design forward while operating within the existing product framework and avoid unnecessary scope creep
- Participate in daily Product and Engineering Standups
- Create a coherent design system of reusable elements
- Design responsive elements to meet the highest accessibility standards
- Lead meetings with internal stakeholders and customers to gather Design feedback and drive iteration
- Champion for accessibility at all levels of our product stack
The ideal candidate skill set includes
- Expert collaborator in an Agile environment
- High attention to detail
- Outstanding communication skills
- Proficiency in Figma
- Outstanding Communication skills
- Ability to thread the needle between less technical institutional higher ed customers and digital native end users
- Bonus: experience in B2B or B2B2C software
- Bonus: Experience in education or EdTech
- Remote, Full-time, Continental US time zone required (GMT - 6,7,8)
What you'll get
- Broad exposure to a quickly-growing start-up and lots of opportunities to have an outsized impact on our work
- Working in a highly collaborative organization that values merit over seniority, title, or past experiences. We seek to always have the best ideas win, and for performance to always be recognized
- Unique challenge of leveraging design to enhance a CMS used by hundreds of colleges and universities to inform and inspire meaningful careers for millions of students and recent graduates
- Great pay: $115K to $145K, depending on portfolio and experience
- Uncapped PTO (with 15 day minimum usage)
- Remote work and flexible schedule
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (100% coverage for employee!)
- Company holidays including the week between Christmas and New Years
- $100 monthly benefit towards Employee Health and Wellness
- Professional Development & Mentorship Program
- Education reimbursement of up to $2,000 yearly
- 401k Retirement Plan with 3% match
- Paid parental leave
What else should you know?
We are a highly driven team, motivated by pushing each other to grow personally and professionally. We've created a working environment that is fun and collaborative and puts people first. We have a physical office in Cambridge, MA, but operate as a remote-first organization, encouraging all employees' mobility and working from their chosen environment. We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer
uConnect is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
uConnect participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please contact our Head of Talent, Michele Olivier via firstname.lastname@example.org or 737-222-9632.