Cambridge, MA /
Product & Technology /
uConnect is on a mission to help more people realize their potential by improving access to career resources and services - early in their lives and throughout their careers. Initially focused on the post-secondary higher education market, uConnect's All-In-One Virtual Career Center is used by schools like UCLA, MIT, and Baton Rouge Community College to radically increase student and alumni engagement with career services, and integrate career planning into the student experience, before, during and after college.
We're a mission-driven team that has created a working environment that is fun and collaborative and puts people first. We have a physical office in Cambridge, MA but operate as a remote-first organization, encouraging mobility for all employees, and to work from their chosen environment. uConnect is backed by leading education technology investors including Strada Education and LearnLaunch.
About the Role
We are looking for an ambitious, customer-focused Frontend Engineer who has an understanding of the technologies used to deliver enterprise software for colleges and universities. Someone looking to make a bigger impact and transition into a private technology company. Looking for more of a challenge in an exciting environment with better compensation and growth potential. You will play a key role in helping the company deliver a world-class All-In-One Virtual Career Center to our customers who range from Community Colleges to Ivy League schools.
In this role, you will be part of a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging environment that utilizes cutting-edge technologies to solve real problems. As part of uConnect's Product Engineering team, you will work closely with internal Client Success, onboarding, partnerships, and sales teams.
About the Responsibilities
- Branding and creating themes for new client sites
- Branding and formatting updates to the existing client sites
- Front-end development for new modules
- Development of new blocks for the block editor (Gutenberg)
- Accessibility updates and fixes
- Development and migration to a new theme framework
- Deliver secure, scalable, and easy-to-maintain solutions using engineering best practices and relevant coding standards.
- Write and maintain technical project documentation including inline code commenting, Git repo readme, clear commit messages, and confluence pages.
- Respect timelines and communicate progress proactively.
- Offering guidance and recommendations for technical decision making
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Deliver compelling and user-friendly front-end solutions
About You And What Types Of Skills You'll Need
- At least 4 years of full-time front-end development experience
- High level of proficiency in translating designs into well-thought-out, responsive HTML templates
- Efficient in writing standard and clean code
- Problem-solving skills
- Proficient with React and Redux or similar reactive frameworks
- Experience with PHP
- Experience with WordPress, WordPress theme, and WordPress plugin development
- Experience with git source control in a team environment
Major Bonus if you're also able to demonstrate
- Gulp, Webpack, npm, or Yarn
- WordPress Gutenberg Block development
- Knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.x)
- Experience with HubsCMS
- Competitive compensation, including potential for stock option participation
- Remote work and flexible schedule
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Company holidays including the week between Christmas and New Years
- $100 monthly benefit towards Employee Health and Wellness
- Professional Development & Mentorship Program
- Education reimbursement of up to $2,000 yearly
- 401k Retirement Plan with Company Match Q1 2022
- Paid parental leave
- Any equipment you need to get the job done
Oh, and we don't want to fail to mention. We pay the same no matter where you live.
uConnect is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer. uConnect is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know